Forgive me, I have sinned...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took notice on Saturday and definitely more emtbs than muscle powered at red hill nowadays.
Given I'm 50 and trying to reach 100 I'll keep gasping up waterbank ascent as long as I can to get the full health benefit and smug self satisfaction. I usually muttter cheater cheater pumpkin eater under my breath when an eeb goes past
Redhill seems to have exploded with Ebikes of late. So many riders of all ages with them.

I'll be in the "support" camp over the "passenger" camp when it comes to Ebikes. Like I say, the climb still makes you breathe more forcefully, but it's more tolerable and you're moving faster so it's neither as intense nor as long lasting.

Try one, you'll see whether it suits you.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Redhill seems to have exploded with Ebikes of late. So many riders of all ages with them.

I'll be in the "support" camp over the "passenger" camp when it comes to Ebikes. Like I say, the climb still makes you breathe more forcefully, but it's more tolerable and you're moving faster so it's neither as intense nor as long lasting.

Try one, you'll see whether it suits you.
I know I'd enjoy it too much, so will avoid the eebs. One quick hit of eeb and that's it, Train(ebike)spotting life it is with expensive therapy to get back to real life

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yep, trying the Levo SL a couple years back has sealed my fate that one day I will have one of these light ebikes as my only bike.
I've ridden several full powered Ebikes over the years and none of them impressed me with the handling. The SL changed my mind. I'm certainly interested to see what other light EMTBs turn up over the next few months.

Rorschach

Paid $250 for this custom title
My wifes old man bought a 9.7 at the weekend and I had a look and a quick street ride. Handled well on the road and other than the dropper being too short for me (it was a medium) it seemed well sorted.
The spec was sorted too, SLX/XT all the way through (even though the site was Deore brakes, it came with SLX)

He said I could ride it any time he isn't and honestly I'm torn, I reckon it'll ruin by Prime for me...

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My wifes old man bought a 9.7 at the weekend and I had a look and a quick street ride. Handled well on the road and other than the dropper being too short for me (it was a medium) it seemed well sorted.
The spec was sorted too, SLX/XT all the way through (even though the site was Deore brakes, it came with SLX)

He said I could ride it any time he isn't and honestly I'm torn, I reckon it'll ruin by Prime for me...
Ah, it's still just a different kind of ride. I still enjoy my Sight when I ride it. It feels so light and poppy. Just gives you and alternative.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a month in on mine now and am completely won over by it.

obviously the climbing is great (coming from a normal bike) but even without assistance it's very good.

Its general trail manners and handling are just excellent and then the descending is wicked fun. It's basically made all aspects of riding fun.

I've had to make a few tweaks to get it how I like but now it's there I'm scratching my head for any other changes.
The personal touches I've added are:
240mm One Up Components dropper post
Raceface Turbine stem
Burgtec 38 ride high bars
Deity Supracush grips.
Maxxis DHF DHR tyre combo.
Suntour Durolux 36 RC2 in place of the Lyrik it comes with as the 160mm airshaft for the Lyrik is backordered for months.

So it's pretty much perfect now. I'll have to force myself into my other FS bikes just to keep myself honest.

Last edited: