VIC Fork

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Item: 26" Straight 1 1/8" steerer, 100mm, air sprung fork
Price range/Willing to Pay: As cheap as possible, but depends on item, really
Extra Info: For the wife, so doesn't need to be anything over the top, stanchions need to be in good nick, however the cosmetic condition of the lowers is of no consequence, RS good, Fox bad, but as its not for me I can work with it. Don't need a bazzillion knobs and adjusters, just working rebound. A lockout would be a bonus though. Through axle preferred, but again, for the :ballchain: so, meh. The air part is non negotiable, I have a few coil options stopping my work bench from floating away, but I want her to ride with as little bitching as possible, and weight will be a factor there. Needs to be 100mm or travel adjustable to 100mm. Should really measure the HT, eh, will edit when I actually do.

Does not need to be compliant with health and safety regulations.

Cheers guys, form an orderly queue to the left.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Idjit. Donated my fox rl100's to a young fella I met on a shuttle the other day...thinking no one in the world would want such things.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Idjit. Donated my fox rl100's to a young fella I met on a shuttle the other day...thinking no one in the world would want such things.
Just stumbled across a perfect frame for her, heading to Bright again this Festivus, she says she wants to ride this time.

A perfect storm leading me to do something I don't want to for someone I don't want to, enabling that someone to encroach on my only alone time.

If'n the rls were susceptible to explosive failure, they would have been perfect.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Building up another 26er for my wife, I really struggled to find a good fork for a good price. I ended up going with this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-Man...697062?hash=item35e8d765a6:g:OqsAAOSwBLlVE88T

Finding forks with straight steerer tubes is actually getting hard now. I figured she would be extra happy with me to have a brand new one, and 1.5kg will be nice and light. Suspect my wife couldn't tell the difference between this and a Fox anyways....

Last edited:

safreek

Building up another 26er for my wife, I really struggled to find a good fork for a good price. I ended up going with this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-Man...697062?hash=item35e8d765a6:g:OqsAAOSwBLlVE88T

Finding forks with straight steerer tubes is actually getting hard now. I figured she would be extra happy with me to have a brand new one, and 1.5kg will be nice and light. Suspect my wife couldn't tell the difference between this and a Fox anyways....
nice stereo

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I know your arse will handle it, but can your hub take 20mm?
Yerp. QR, 9mm, 15mm or 20mm. I only do convertible now, even on cheap death traps, aimed at scoring me a life insurance payout.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Even some darts would be acceptable. More price centric than quality. TBH, if I managed to score a good deal on a thru axle quality fork, I'd swap it out for the boys QR SIDs and give those to the bit....er, wife.

moorey

call me Mia
Yerp. QR, 9mm, 15mm or 20mm. I only do convertible now, even on cheap death traps, aimed at scoring me a life insurance payout.

Got a set I can loan ya till something pops up. Reba race, 120mm, straight steerer, 20mm. Got them of Rone recently, and they were in Felix's ht, but Judy put revs on instead.