formation of clubs/associations

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
Possible new club for Southern Sydney

Hi NSWMTB

A group of riders are in the process of getting together to form a new MTB club in Southern Sydney.

The focus of the club will be advocacy for all MTB disciplines (XC, DH, FR, DJ, 4x) to get better access to land and better facilities. It comes from frustration at getting the existing local clubs interested in anything other than racing.

So expect a formal approach from us (not necessarily me) once we have put some of our stuff together.

Dumbellina

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
new mtb club

Tony Scott is the man, NSWMTB is a sub committee of the MTBA with positions held by NSW club members, sorry we don't register new clubs. But we have appointed A Trails Advocy Officer Lennard Allen of Hunter, Len is used to working with local and state government and is currently fighting to have the NP&WS rules reviewed.

I share your frustration though, last week I tried again to get somewhere with a proposal to obtain 2 new riding areas (Blacktown and Cecil Park) but was informed by the Department of Planning that they already had planned a 24 KM point to point concrete path that would give us somwhere to ride in Western Sydney. But I could put in submission.

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
I share your frustration though, last week I tried again to get somewhere with a proposal to obtain 2 new riding areas (Blacktown and Cecil Park) but was informed by the Department of Planning that they already had planned a 24 KM point to point concrete path that would give us somwhere to ride in Western Sydney. But I could put in submission.
Did you explain to them you were a mountain bike club, not a concrete path bike club? ;)

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
Did you explain to them you were a mountain bike club, not a concrete path bike club? ;)
Yeop.... buts that's the kinda beaurocracy and feeble mindedness we find ourselves up against all the time. Kudos to you Steve, keep knocking on doors, one day, one will open.

cheers,

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com