Formula Hubs

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Anyone used formula hubs in recent years?

I haven't heard or found much recently user info on them and remember them being not so great.
They come on a lot of Commencal bikes (even the top spec in some models) so maybe something has changed about them that makes them a good choice?

It's a bit odd as the Clash Race has Spank Oozy 350 rims on formula hubs whereas the Meta AM and TR's come with Spank Oozy 350 complete wheelset.
Is it purely cost cutting or something else that I'm missing?

Thanks!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Formula are typically used in house-branded OEM-spec wheels. They're still pretty crap, with a tendency to eat freewheel body bearings & ratchets. They're theoretically replaceable bodies, similar in concept to Shimano, but damn near impossible to actually find spares.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
And I have two shagged freehub bodies no one could find a replacement for.
I hope their forks are better than their hubs @Zaf otherwise you could be falling in love with the Sr Suntours all over again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I hope their forks are better than their hubs @Zaf otherwise you could be falling in love with the Sr Suntours all over again.

Formula hubs are a completely different company, sharing just the name, formula brakes and forks is not part of the same company. Nothing but a common name I believe. I found this out when trying to find formula hub parts years ago.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Formula hubs are a completely different company, sharing just the name, formula brakes and forks is not part of the same company. Nothing but a common name I believe. I found this out when trying to find formula hub parts years ago.
That explains a lot. I couldn't work out why their forks and brakes are fab but hubs are shite!

Oddjob

That does explain a lot. Does Formula just license the name or did they share a common parent many years ago?

@Zaf when I have the Gucciest of Gucci forks, the envious wailings from people waiting for their second rate forks helps to soothe the ennui.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

That does explain a lot. Does Formula just license the name or did they share a common parent many years ago?

@Zaf when I have Gucciest of Gucci forks, the envious wailings from people waiting for their second rate forks helps to soothe the ennui.

You're buying a French fork?! Nice, I really want to try the CRConception Fore.

If it has this logo, it's the Italian brand. Trust them to go all Pierre Cardin with how well they design their branding.

Oddjob

You're buying a French fork?! Nice, I really want to try the CRConception Fore.

If it has this logo, it's the Italian brand. Trust them to go all Pierre Cardin with how well they design their branding.
I see what you did there.

Reactions: Zaf

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt

Some info from their website on the hubs.
I'm no hub guru so not sure if their features are just expected standards or they're actually trying to make a good hub.

"You can feel free to wash your bike via air spray" ... Challenge accepted

moorey

call me Mia
Damn!

Why the hell does Commencal still use these even on high spec builds?
Because they all save dollars on the spots that many people don’t look closely....or they just assume most people like their own wheels and will ditch the stockies anyway.