Formula One world championship

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but also had a phone in one hand to the race officials requesting a penalty for Norris
that penalty to norris was even more annoying when perez went 2 cars outside track limits on turn one to challenge norris on the long straight up to turn 3. its like they spin the prize wheel each week to decide which rules get enforced.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I think Perez deserved a penalty for making contact with Leclerc (who was technically ahead) and then pushing him wide, but it was still marginal. If drivers are going to be crazy or stupid enough to "go for a gap that no longer exists" then they can spend more time having some hands-on learning about the impact resistance of carbon fibre. No need for penalties imo.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm not sure Hamilton will like having another aggro team mate though, a compliant #2 who does what he's told is probably much more to his liking after the chaos of the Rosberg years.

Maybe it was a condition of his new contract though "yes we'll keep paying you absolute shitloads but we're upgrading your co-driver next year"
Mercedes need a succession plan. They need to groom the next team leader as Lewis won't be around forever and Valteri isn't the solution. I can't see Lewis racing F1 past 2023, the end of his newly signed contract.

He might not like it but he'll back himself to put the youngster in his place.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Another cracking race even if Verstappen was completely untroubled in his jaunt around the circuit. It's great to see McLaren back on form. The penalties were a joke but a funny one at least and Kimi's sweary radio exchange with the pit wall towards the end cracked me up.

Never change, Kimi!

smaj

Likes Dirt
I just realised that next race (Silverstone) is the first of the sprint quali races. FP1 and quali on Friday, FP2 and sprint quali on Saturday, race on Sunday. Those FP sessions are going to be interesting; quali sims in FP1, race sims in FP2, no time to go the wrong way in setup. Plus new rear tyre construction.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Especially gutting after seeing how enthusiastic the atmosphere was at the Austrian GP on Sunday.
That seemed incredibly staged to me. Fair cop; crowds have been scarce for a bit but that seemed incredibly over the top and unlike an F1 crowd. Cheering that hard for a pretty boring race an' all that, must have given the tickets to them even on the promise of yelling
excessively at that twat Verstappen?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That seemed incredibly staged to me. Fair cop; crowds have been scarce for a bit but that seemed incredibly over the top and unlike an F1 crowd. Cheering that hard for a pretty boring race an' all that, must have given the tickets to them even on the promise of yelling
excessively at that twat Verstappen?
So cynical mate, Is this just because the partying antics of Max’s fans remind you of the Tifosi in the Schumacher days?
From personal experience I remember going to Albert Park for the first time in 2000 while backpacking. The Dutch folk from our hostel were all head-to-toe in facepaint and constantly screaming ‘Max Verstappen’ despite him being well and truly a back marker at the time.

Also, the concept of there being a ‘Dutch corner’ is nothing new. This is what they’re like at Alpe D’Huez every time the TDF passes through there:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So cynical mate, Is this just because the partying antics of Max’s fans remind you of the Tifosi in the Schumacher days?
From personal experience I remember going to Albert Park for the first time in 2000 while backpacking. The Dutch folk from our hostel were all head-to-toe in facepaint and constantly screaming ‘Max Verstappen’ despite him being well and truly a back marker at the time.

Also, the concept of there being a ‘Dutch corner’ is nothing new. This is what they’re like at Alpe D’Huez every time the TDF passes through there:
I was thinking it may be akin to what I imagine they'd be like with a soccer crowd? Boy it seemed odd to see at a Grand Prix.
And the Tifosi? Fuck, they haven't had a reason to cheer since Vettel left.........

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I was thinking it may be akin to what I imagine they'd be like with a soccer crowd? Boy it seemed odd to see at a Grand Prix.
And the Tifosi? Fuck, they haven't had a reason to cheer since Vettel left.........
TBH I thought they were somewhat understated compared to the sea of red you usually see at Monza. That place has always had a football atmosphere!

Speaking of football, the other reason there may have been so many dutch fans there is because the Netherlands were only knocked out of the European Championships last Monday so there would have been a whole shitload of drunk cunts in orange wandering around Europe who weren't necessarily ready to go home yet.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Bit OT, but I'm loving the look of the new Peugeot WEC Hypercar. It's those "lion's claw" taillights and rain light!

smaj

Likes Dirt
Bit of a surprise to see Hamilton get P1 over Verstappen, even with nearly losing the car. Good to see Dan matching Norris in quali, perhaps this kind of track suits his driving style more.