Formula One world championship

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
*ironically I wanted Hamilton to win this race but only after a mad battle with Verstappen. It was a 50/50 incident between them but the result shouldn’t be 99:1

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Bullshit that Hamilton didn't get at least points on his licence as well as the penalty. Norris got worse for less. Jenson Button had it right, Hamilton was not aiming for the apex he was deliberately pushing Verstappen wide onto the dirty track to make the pass stick because he wasn't through. Hamilton's celebrations show what a prick he is.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I didn't see that, ta. I think it is also bullshit when the teams go to the steward's room during the race. Cut that shit out.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Stewards very soft for such a dangerous move. Is it unfair to be hoping lewis has a mildly explosive gearbox failure?
Bullshit that Hamilton didn't get at least points on his licence as well as the penalty. Norris got worse for less. Jenson Button had it right, Hamilton was not aiming for the apex he was deliberately pushing Verstappen wide onto the dirty track to make the pass stick because he wasn't through. Hamilton's celebrations show what a prick he is.
Racing incident! Both equally to blame, Max could have given more room and Lewis could have backed out. Looks like Lewis decided he wasn't going to cowtow to Max's super aggressive driving any longer, he's backed out of many potential incidents with Max this year, not any more. Max might think twice next time.

As for Lewis celebrating, why shouldn't he? At that point, he was unaware of Max being in hospital. I've never really been in the Hamilton camp but I have to admit he is one of the best of all time. He didn't deserve a penalty, there are countless examples of two F1 cars making it through Copse side by side and Lewis was fully along side Max at turn in. Max had squeezed Lewis to the wall and should have been aware Lewis wouldn't hit the apex with such a tight entry. He simply chose to turn in, expecting Lewis to have backed out. No way it was deliberate, just two great racers playing a game of chicken with neither willing to give.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Racing incident! Both equally to blame, Max could have given more room and Lewis could have backed out. Looks like Lewis decided he wasn't going to cowtow to Max's super aggressive driving any longer, he's backed out of many potential incidents with Max this year, not any more. Max might think twice next time.

As for Lewis celebrating, why shouldn't he? At that point, he was unaware of Max being in hospital. I've never really been in the Hamilton camp but I have to admit he is one of the best of all time. He didn't deserve a penalty, there are countless examples of two F1 cars making it through Copse side by side and Lewis was fully along side Max at turn in. Max had squeezed Lewis to the wall and should have been aware Lewis wouldn't hit the apex with such a tight entry. He simply chose to turn in, expecting Lewis to have backed out. No way it was deliberate, just two great racers playing a game of chicken with neither willing to give.
I’m with you on the racing incident part but as I mentioned earlier the blame may have been 50/50 but the consequences were all on Max.

The penalty was justified and it added a bit of spice to a race that would have been a foregone conclusion after Verstappen’s retirement.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agree and I'm no Max fan either

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I’m with you on the racing incident part but as I mentioned earlier the blame may have been 50/50 but the consequences were all on Max.

The penalty was justified and it added a bit of spice to a race that would have been a foregone conclusion after Verstappen’s retirement.
Except penalties are awarded by who's at fault, not who came off worse.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Both drivers were at fault. It’s a racing incident but it did result in a red flag which tied in with the later-than-usual start meant a very late night for me and a very boozy finish. For that reason alone there should probably be a bit of punishment for both drivers (Any penalty on Verstappen is automatically redundant mind you)

It sucks for Max although he still has a bit of breathing space at the top and for a while there it looked like RB we’re going to waltz away with the WDC.
At the end of the day we got to see a classic Senna ‘if you do not go for the gap you are no longer a racing driver’ moment, then a hell of a charge to the finish by Hamilton, the tease of a potential Mclaren or Ferrari win and the Championship back down to a razors edge.

it was a cracker of a race and I really can’t see what anyone has to complain about!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So what's everyone's thoughts on the Sprint Quali format?

I was on the fence with it at first but over the course of the weekend I was swayed to it's charms. It gave us a bit more excitement on the Saturday (albeit at a bloody late start time) and I feel having mini-quali on the Friday and the Sprint on Saturday provides a nice sense of build-up to the main event on Sunday.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
I didn't mind it, was nice to have something more than just FP1 and 2 on the Friday. Didn't like the later start though.
FP2 on the Saturday is kind of redundant now considering the cars are in parc ferme conditions after Friday qually.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Helmut shows what a complete arse he is as do some 'fans'. Calling out Hamilton because of his ethnic mix is bullshit. What is wrong with people?