Formula One world championship

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Tis the big week boys and girls! I'll be in the city from Wednesday onwards so feel free to shoot me a text and I'll see if we can arrange a spot to say G'day. I'm on 0402 078 541.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
On my PC I am unable to make any Superbru picks but on my Ipad I made my picks last night. Has anyone else had any chance of putting their picks in? We've done ours!

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On my PC I am unable to make any Superbru picks but on my Ipad I made my picks last night. Has anyone else had any chance of putting their picks in? We've done ours!
Same deal for me Dozer.

PC didn't let me but ipad worked fine...!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So we can assume that those without Apple products are going to lose. ;) Nice play!

I am frothing at the prospect of rain for Friday's running. I love motor racing in the wet! Especially the best kind of motor racing; F1!!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Tis the big week boys and girls! I'll be in the city from Wednesday onwards so feel free to shoot me a text and I'll see if we can arrange a spot to say G'day. I'm on 0402 078 541.
I fly back from Sydney on thursday morning. Been debating whether to go to the race or not but sorting out accommodation is a pain in the arse and it'll be an expensive weekend so I'll probably just be heading down the road sometime thursday arvo/evening. I'll be free to catch up till then though.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Used to. Moved down to Phillip Island about a year ago. It's only 90 min away but it's screwed for public transport at night. Shame that the local track isn't suitable for F1 as it would be a lot handier for me these days.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Oh man, the island would be sick! Imagine them through lukey heights, or around southern loop...

Plow King

Little bit.
I'm in pakenham. POSM I'm driving in on Saturday and getting a lift in or the train on Sunday so if you wanna meet here I can give you a lift on Saturday. Dozer. When's the best time to call don't want to interrupt you during work

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Plow: Man, I'm flat biscuit today. I've also had a brain snap and remembered I booked the Skybus from the airport to the city in January and back again so I'm all good for a ride! We'll catch up at the track! Just don't forget to text me your number dude.

Plow King

Little bit.
Haha ok nw. It's 0433 657 740 I don't think anyone is out to kill me here. And I have no money so thieving shouldn't be an issue. :p

Regarding papal I forgot to verify the account so that should be done by Thursday at the latest I was wondering why the balance read 0

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
"F1 picks will open several days before the first race - we are debating some rule changes that may impact what you are required to pick."

I just tried to put picks in and got this..... I am not a ipad peep......

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
F1 - new scoring details

FYI

Having considered your feedback on the F1 scoring model, and after lengthy debate at SuperBruHQ, here is what we have come up with for the 2012 season.

The general themes were to add a prediction relating to qualifying and to place more weighting on predicting the podium to more closely mirror the actual competition. The other principle we are keen to introduce is to make scoring slightly more interesting so that it's easier to have good weeks and bad weeks, rather than lots of mediocre weeks, just like it is in the other sports.

So here is what we are doing for this season. Let us know your thoughts.

Predict driver that qualifies in Pole Position
Scoring:
- 1pt for correct prediction

Predict drivers that finish on the podium
Scoring:
- 3pts for race winner
- 2pts for 2nd place
- 1.5pts for 3rd place
- 1pt if incorrect but driver finishes in top 6
- 0.5pts if incorrect but driver finishes 7th-10th

Predict drivers that finish 4th-6th
Scoring:
- 1pt per driver ranked 1st-6th

Predict drivers that finish 7th-10th
Scoring:
- 0.5pt per driver ranked 7th-10th

Predict driver that records the fastest lap
Scoring: 0.5pt for correct prediction

Predict team that records the fastest pit-stop

Early Bru Point (EBP) for making picks before qualifying
Scoring: 2pts

We're busy getting all of this built and ready, and picks should be open by Wednesday.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'm in pakenham. POSM I'm driving in on Saturday and getting a lift in or the train on Sunday so if you wanna meet here I can give you a lift on Saturday. Dozer. When's the best time to call don't want to interrupt you during work
Cheers for the offer chris but getting up is no problem for me, the coach is dirt cheap and I can always drive if the worst comes to the worst but then I'm screwed for having a beer. Also after having scooped corporate tix last year, I'm not that keen on General Admission. $310 for the Senna Stand is stretching the budget a bit for me when I can watch all the days coverage on One HD for nowt. I'd also have to crash at my mates for both nights and seeing as Sunday is technically a school-night that might be pushing my mate's hospitality a bit.

I've not written it off completely though. The weather forecast is a bit shit for kite-surfing over the weekend so I wouldn't be missing out on anything if I did go but I'd probably need to get word from work about when I'm next due offshore before I go splashing out on a big weekend

wombat

Lives in a hole
FYI

Having considered your feedback on the F1 scoring model, and after lengthy debate at SuperBruHQ, here is what we have come up with for the 2012 season.

The general themes were to add a prediction relating to qualifying and to place more weighting on predicting the podium to more closely mirror the actual competition. The other principle we are keen to introduce is to make scoring slightly more interesting so that it's easier to have good weeks and bad weeks, rather than lots of mediocre weeks, just like it is in the other sports.

So here is what we are doing for this season. Let us know your thoughts.

Predict driver that qualifies in Pole Position
Scoring:
- 1pt for correct prediction

Predict drivers that finish on the podium
Scoring:
- 3pts for race winner
- 2pts for 2nd place
- 1.5pts for 3rd place
- 1pt if incorrect but driver finishes in top 6
- 0.5pts if incorrect but driver finishes 7th-10th

Predict drivers that finish 4th-6th
Scoring:
- 1pt per driver ranked 1st-6th

Predict drivers that finish 7th-10th
Scoring:
- 0.5pt per driver ranked 7th-10th

Predict driver that records the fastest lap

Predict team that records the fastest pit-stop

Early Bru Point (EBP) for making picks before qualifying
Scoring: 2pts

We're busy getting all of this built and ready, and picks should be open by Wednesday.
Personally I reckon they could leave out fastest lap, its a pretty irrelevant stat really, but fastest pitstop? Wtf is that there for? I'd much rather see first retirement in there.

Otherwise they seem pretty good.