Formula One world championship

static_X3

Likes Dirt
Well looks like I'll be illegally streaming f1 then. No way will I ever pay for television, ive been a die hard fan of F1 since 94 but I will never pay $50 a month for 2 races.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Well looks like I'll be illegally streaming f1 then. No way will I ever pay for television, ive been a die hard fan of F1 since 94 but I will never pay $50 a month for 2 races.
I'm with you! Have followed since '79. I aint paying.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I felt the same as you a few years ago but have since realised how much of a pleasure (and a luxury) it is to have Foxtel. My wife and I really enjoy watching some of the great TV series that are available and we usually pay for them on Itunes so for us to get all that content and the amazing sports is great. I've never wanted to download TV shows or music or movies via some shitbox share site, I hate the idea that no money is getting back to the people that create the entertainment for us so I'm happy to pay for quality content.
The amount of motor racing on Fox Sports is incredible, it has a finger on almost everything.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I felt the same as you a few years ago but have since realised how much of a pleasure (and a luxury) it is to have Foxtel. My wife and I really enjoy watching some of the great TV series that are available and we usually pay for them on Itunes so for us to get all that content and the amazing sports is great. I've never wanted to download TV shows or music or movies via some shitbox share site, I hate the idea that no money is getting back to the people that create the entertainment for us so I'm happy to pay for quality content.
The amount of motor racing on Fox Sports is incredible, it has a finger on almost everything.
Exclellent!! So we are all invited round to Dozer's for a Formula One party at each round. I'll bring some Cheezels.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is no way Murdoch, or any other spawn of Satan for that matter, is ever getting any of my money.

wombat

Lives in a hole
From what I gathered the races on fox are still aired on ten but just delayed, Or did I skim read too quick?
What I read said that races that aren't live (about half of them) will be shown delayed in the form or a highlights package.

I'd certainly rather a full, live race even with all the ad breaks people bitch about, than a pass-and-crashes montage shown the next day.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Would still be a fuckload cheaper than a foxtel package that gives you a couple of f1 races and about a billion hours of fucking rubbish pseudo-reality TV shows.
If I get ten guys at two races a month then my Foxtel is paid for the year with half the season still to go. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fox Sports could rush the TV deal in for 2015, fuck yeah!!!
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/09/fox-deal-halve-free-air-f1-schedule/

It's official, Fox Sports will show every practice session, qualifying and race in live HD via the Sky F1 broadcast. Ten will show ten races live and the rest of the races will be a highlights package shown on the Monday evening on One.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/13/new-foxten-formula-1-deal-start-2015/

I can understand the hatred towards having some of your viewing pleasures being removed but I will always say that if you're keen to see a good show then you'd pay for it. You don't go to a race venue in person and bitch and moan about having to pay for it, you pay for it because you want to see it. Harsh yeah but it's reality nowadays and the writing is on the wall for many companies looking to get themselves out of a shitty financial situation. Word is that Ten were the clincher in it and need the dough.
There are many positives to the races being shown on Fox Sports: No Matthew White, no Alan Jones, no shitty local ad's showing products no one needs with shitty annoying tunes and no missing any of the action.
$5 a head at my house guys, bring chips and a bean bag. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I forgot to mention, Manor Racing (The seemingly heir apparent to Marussia) have been doing all sorts of social media updates saying it's on and they will be racing. Here's hoping they can get on the grid and be mixing it with the rest of them.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'm mostly for it and will sign up for Foxtel Play but I'm also a little bit wary of them chancing their luck and keeping ad breaks during the race. If they try that even once they can get to fuck and I'll just pirate it.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
It's official, Fox Sports will show every practice session, qualifying and race in live HD via the Sky F1 broadcast. Ten will show ten races live and the rest of the races will be a highlights package shown on the Monday evening on One.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/13/new-foxten-formula-1-deal-start-2015/

I can understand the hatred towards having some of your viewing pleasures being removed but I will always say that if you're keen to see a good show then you'd pay for it. You don't go to a race venue in person and bitch and moan about having to pay for it, you pay for it because you want to see it. Harsh yeah but it's reality nowadays and the writing is on the wall for many companies looking to get themselves out of a shitty financial situation. Word is that Ten were the clincher in it and need the dough.
There are many positives to the races being shown on Fox Sports: No Matthew White, no Alan Jones, no shitty local ad's showing products no one needs with shitty annoying tunes and no missing any of the action.
$5 a head at my house guys, bring chips and a bean bag. ;)
My issue is that F1 would be the ONLY thing I would be interested in on FoxSports. If they offered a web stream with no ad breaks and good commentary, yep, I'd pay $10 a race to watch it. But signing up to a monthly contract of Foxtel crapness? They can go fuck themselves. Or one of Dozer's $5 blowies, their choice.