Formula One world championship

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Holy crap Haas are on the pace - less than 3 seconds off this time, and quicker than the Williams, Manor, McLaren, Renault and Toro Rosso. And yes, that was the day two order at the tail end - Manor being quicker than McLaren, Renault and STR!
Nobody knows what the pace is at this point. Times mean nothing.

MARKL

Eats Squid
In the latest effort to destroy F1 i give you the 'halo'

78d1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Kimi_Raikkonen_halo_concept-700x367.jpg

Seriously, if you want a canopy for the driver just mandate one but this 'halo' to pretend you still have an open cockpit is just stupid, alternatively you could have this which at least looks cool...

AndriesvanOverbeeke2_Gallery-932x525.jpg

Zam

Likes Dirt
Saw this yesterday, what a completely retarded idea is that, surely it must impede the drivers view having something like the in the middle of your field of vision.....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Agree fully the halo is ordinary. I read somewhere that a simulation of Jules's crash showed the halo would have done nothing.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
tipping comp

Righto so the superbru tipping comp is go again for the F1 season.
Previous players should have got an email.
If you didnt or want to joinup - its free and a bit of fun
Please advise and i will sent you the link to join our Rotorburners group

Regards
Neil

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
F1 ! is go - get in now to the free RB tipping comp

Righto here is all you have to do to join our 'ROTORBURNERS" F1 Tipping comp.

Its free, easy a bit of competitive fun, and the more the merrier....
Once you have joined, pls advise me so i can approve you and we r set...
Sweet as

Come play F1 with me on SuperBru! It's free and loads of fun. Just click here:

http://www.superbru.com/f1/pool.php?p=11537385

Pool name: Rotorburners

Pool code: cantjeep

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As a long time F1 fan I'm having a lot of trouble getting excited about this year's championship! The Mercedes package has been so dominant the past two years I just find it hard to believe anyone can genuinely challenge them! If it's another year of Mercedes dominance with a Ferrari or RedBull picking up the scraps I'll probably tune out...well until the next major rule change anyway!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
As a long time F1 fan I'm having a lot of trouble getting excited about this year's championship! The Mercedes package has been so dominant the past two years I just find it hard to believe anyone can genuinely challenge them! If it's another year of Mercedes dominance with a Ferrari or RedBull picking up the scraps I'll probably tune out...well until the next major rule change anyway!
+1. Nearly 40 years a fan and I find it hard to believe how disinterested I am.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Renault's racing livery...

Another in matte finish. No doubt a new round of 'aerodynamic advantage' rumours will add to those with Red Bull.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Q1 and Q2 were OK. Bit of drama, will improve as teams, especially Hass, learn the system.

Q3 was boring. I reckon they need to give them unlimited tyres to lift the drama in Q3, keep them out there the whole time they are still eligible to run in the session.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I can cope with the new qualifying for Q1 and Q2 but Q3 needs to be back to the old rules to keep the cars circulating. The pole sitter was walking in pit lane with a minute to run. Dumb.

Overall the gap to Merc is a bit of a surprise unless the engines were turned up to 17. Race pace is different and under pressure Rosberg drops his pants. Given it is Melbourne and the likelihood of 16 seasons in one day... Might be entertaining for 2 - 5.

Last edited: