Formula One world championship

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I suspect we're no longer the target audience. F1 has made a big push into the middle east and developing world because they figure that's where the growth is. It also helps that you have less developed tastes, i.e. Ferrari's are seen as unquestionably awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
With the rights going to Foxtel, very few people are watching it I guess?

I've yet to download it.

F1 in its current form is so bad it's BS. A few years like this, and it's going to loose sponsors and shrivel up. When I can't be assed finding an online stream, where the opportunity cost is about 15 minutes of searching, it sure is a bad sign.
GP2 is so much better to watch, should start following this properly.

And MotoGP just keeps getting better and better.
Cannot disagree with anything you said. Sad really for F1.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Now they’ve released official highlights packages on YT a few hours after each event (qualy or race) I find myself entirely satisfied.

This would have to be the most expensively funded YT channel of all time.

Plow King

Little bit.
Is anyone heading to Singapore to watch? I have some travel credit I have to use in the coming months. I would like to go but don't really want to go by myself.

Also Monaco was great.

33656470_10156327626552456_7339422101759066112_n.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Any thoughts on the Hungarian GP last night? Quitr a drive from Dan. Sadly I have to say I have lost some respect for Bottas. Vettel had the overtake and line and Bottas should have yielded, could have easily taken either or both out. And then while the red mist was still there he was a fool to try and hold out Dan. Again lucky for both but Bottas's comments attributing some of the blame to Dan were ridiculous.

The Honda / Redbull partnership cannot come soon enough though. Good drive from Indians as well.

I find it interesting that both Ferrari and Mercedes seem to have optimised their aero for clear air running and they are both lousy behind other cars. The Red Bulls manage to overtake and drive much better in dirty air.

Interesting times for Force India.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Post race interview both drivers that got hit by Bottas mentioned he’d likely have had a dose of downforce-loss understeer and it kinda is the way it is.

They seemed to blame the regs more than the Merc driver.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
The Honda / Redbull partnership cannot come soon enough though. Good drive from Indians as well.
been seeing some interesting comments on the ol tubes re- Reno.

one guy states that due to rbr giving reno the flick for next season they've been neglecting rbr engines or somehow sabotaging them, before rbr gave reno the flick this guy said that they were peforming well.

Another guy came in and said the Mclarens engine has been doing fine re reliability on failures but the rbr engines are suddenly starting to clunk out, dans engine clunked last race and now verstappens engine clunked out this race and dans engine nearly completely clunked it during monaco.

Interesting and rather concerning to think reno are doing this and it's a bit weird they'd suddenly all be clunking out now after reno know they don't have rbr next season.

Hopefully the Honda engines next season absolutely spank reno and reno get more failures next season.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes but both Macca and Renault have had failures this season. Anyway Honda nhave some clever shit going on like Ferrari now have so very interesting. These engines are fast approaching theoretical efficiencies and only the fuel brews are keeping them there.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah the maturity of the current engine configuration is getting there. If anyone can make that Honda engine work it'll be red bull. Look at what they've done chassis wise with the renault and being streets ahead of he works Renault team

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow, didn't see DR ditching from redbull... well did a few months ago,but didn't seem to be happening in the last few weeks...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cannot see Renault being competitive next year or the year after. Daniel will have the benefit of guidance from the Professor. Maybe the toxic atmosphere in RedBull got too much. Who knows. Hopefully he has done a Hamilton and not an Alonso!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not next year but 2020 is a possibility. Manufacturer teams have the ability to progress very rapidly.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Good on Dan for making the move, maybe he's pretty sure the transition to Honda will be totally bogus and wants some stability? I wouldn't want to take the gamble on something new that is unproven and go backwards in the seat I have always been in. I reckon the Renault move is good for him.
Now that an Aussie won't be at Red Bull I can openly say that Red Bull seem like knobs to work for. Horner and Marko and dickheads in the press and that really taints what should be a cool gig.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I don't mind Horner but Marko is a Class A tool.

I really hope it all pans out for Dan and his decision is vindicated. It's incredibly tough to make the right choice, history being littered with drivers capable of winning the title but for the wrong choice of team.

I'm quietly confident he'll be right at the pointy end before too long.

Last edited:

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
yeah same im hoping dan making this move turns out to be actually a good move but we'll have to wait and see.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so riccardos to sainzs seat, sainz to alonsos seat and i guess gazly to riccardos, big merry go round

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The best in motorsport would be if Alosno ended up in Indycar but lets wait and see. I can see him dabbling in a few different series next year and not sticking to just one. He may do sports car, Indycar, endurance etc. Don't forget that Jenson Button hinted years ago that they will one day both end up doing some racing in Japan together.
Regarding the Indycar thing, there's a confirmed test at Portland booked and all sources point to Alonso steering a car. It also suggest Andretti will sorta kinda run a car for a new driver next year but from a different workshop and it'll be a Chevy powered car, not the Honda that Andretti uses. To me, that is the biggest potential news of the whole show if Alonso uses Chevy power, word on the street was Honda was one of the main pushers for the gig.