Formula One world championship

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Ferrari need a strategist with balls. They need to be aggressive. Gifting the Mercs a free pass was bullshit. Pit early, 25 to go, and hammer the softs, come in again for new softs. Make the Merc run harder and see what happens.

Renaults have no front end grip. Dan's signature braking is gone until they sort that out.
I think Vettel has the aggressive component adequately covered (Baku 2017. Never forget). Really disappointing Renault are so far off, but great to see a Mclaren resurgence. Williams downfall is tragic.

Also I'm calling it. The maturity of Mercedes compared to their closest rival is comprehensive. They'll win the next two years' worth of championships and maybe Hamilton will be a 7 time world champion by then (unless Bottas continues his run of form) and the silver arrows will get a clean sweep of the current regulations. Then come the overhaul in 2021 (including what I consider to be critical cost capping measures) someone else will get a go.

I'm 99% sure only 3 teams have won in the last 6 seasons. I know in many ways the racing is closer than it's ever been but that's not a good statistic. Budget capping is going to be a much needed leveller.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm 99% sure only 3 teams have won in the last 6 seasons. I know in many ways the racing is closer than it's ever been but that's not a good statistic. Budget capping is going to be a much needed leveller.
It was 123 races ago that something other than a Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull won a Grand Prix. Australia 2013, won by Kimi in a Lotus Renault. That's just over 12% of F1 history right there.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So gio...wahts his name tries an overtake and it goes a bit wrong, gets 10 sec penatly, versmashen does both an unsafe release, and bunts into the merc ... oh it Max, that should be some terribly harsh thing, but hey...5sec.
What kind of BS is that?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So gio...wahts his name tries an overtake and it goes a bit wrong, gets 10 sec penatly, versmashen does both an unsafe release, and bunts into the merc ... oh it Max, that should be some terribly harsh thing, but hey...5sec.
What kind of BS is that?
Yep seems very odd. Renault lost out on strategy. Everyone expecting rain and trying to make tyres last until that came, then Charles safety car so they all pit except not all do. Track position is more important than fresh tyres at Monaco so daniel got stuck behind slower cars.

Hamilton is such a whiney bitch. Got sick of hearing we are on the wrong tyres, I am done etc.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think if I was vettle, I would have just backed hamilton into leclerc, then just run him off the road, let leclerc win and then just quit completely.
/rage
Blerg.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I think the penalty was a bit harsh but Seb did come right back across the track and impede Lewis. He should probably have been made to give the place to Lewis on track, then he may well have been able to overtake for the lead before race end.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Seb's penalty is the same handed down for Verstappen in Monaco pitlane. That is bullshit right there. One at worst takes out two cars, the other kills and maims people in the pitlane.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
German grand prix was quite entertaining. However it seems that Renault have been caught exceeding track limits between races as shown by this photo.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just like the McLaren Honda...
Maybe renault will go to Williams...
Will be interesting times.
people are predicting a Merc pull out as a team around then too...we'll see.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a side note, have Ferrari fired their stratagey guy and put someone else in...or maybe Merc poadched him...haha as their stratgy fortunes have reversed recently

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Why would McLaren withdraw cos 1 member is under suspicion, my understanding is they had 7 negative tests but 1 possible, unless it's the driver surely u race