Forum joke

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's often quite fitting.

appologies if you've seen it before......

"How many Internet Forum Posters (pick a forum... any forum...) does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light
bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

4 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

5 who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work
best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

40 posters who don't believe in light bulbs at all and instead post links to pseudo-scientific sites that claim alternate theories of light production.

12 to point out that there is no right to light in the US Constitution.

4 to post that all the tech support for changing light bulbs is being outsourced to India.

1 post showing a picture of a light bulb and a picture of someone who resembles a light bulb.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

1 poster that has converted all his light bulbs to florescents, so he very rarely has to change them.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

13 to tell you candles should be in all well-prepared households in the event of a lightbulb burnout.

5 postings that say they do not use light bulbs...only candles.

1 to mention the "lite" bulb is made of low-fat cheese.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again "

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Farkin great, Gutty. I'm not sure what ROFL etc etc means but I think it's laughter and I haven't laughed so hard at anything I've seen on this forum.... so... ROFL farkin ROFL

(now... how many forum smart-arses will point out that ROFL stands for something stupid like ROLL OVER the FARKIN LOSERS?)

Gutty said:
1 post showing a picture of a light bulb and a picture of someone who resembles a light bulb.
lol. If we had a post on farkin about lightbulbs, no doubt we would cover all of the aforementioned angles - and fuzzy would post at least twice on each point - even the once that only have one poster bringing them up!!

- oh, Gutty forgot about all the posts of other stupid jokes relating to lightbulbs...

how many blondes does it take to change a lightbulb??
100 - 1 to hold the light bulb - 99 to turn the house

how many psychiatric dudes does it take to change a lightbulb??
1 - but the lightbulb has to WANT to change.

how many men does it take to change a lightbulb?

how many farkiners does it take to change a lightbulb??
0 - farkiners arent afraid of the dark!!

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
awesomninity said:
Grip said:
creepyjoe said:
Roll On Floor Laughing
Yep... well it's pretty obvious NOW... thanks creepy.
Grip - ROFLMAO - Roll On Floor Laughing My Ass Off
awesomninity.. thanks... that one was starting to worry me... thought it might have been something to do with rolling round the floor in MAYONAISE or something.

Ty

Eats Squid
heh, he's one i stole from Ryan.

how may skaters does it take to change a light bulb..... just one, but it takes him 50 tries.

Grip said:
awesomninity said:
Grip said:
creepyjoe said:
Roll On Floor Laughing
Yep... well it's pretty obvious NOW... thanks creepy.
Grip - ROFLMAO - Roll On Floor Laughing My Ass Off
awesomninity.. thanks... that one was starting to worry me... thought it might have been something to do with rolling round the floor in MAYONAISE or something.

Grip - i sense just a nip or sarcasm here - if you knew everything all along, wtf did you pretand not to know what rofl was in the first place?? :?

G

i seriously dont think he knew that awesomninity..

good job gutty that was quite the funny read :D

awesomninity said:
Gutty said:
lol. If we had a post on farkin about lightbulbs, no doubt we would cover all of the aforementioned angles - and fuzzy would post at least twice on each point - even the once that only have one poster bringing them up!!
id be the person busting the grave diggers...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Very funny, but it forgets the 50 people who post a reply consisting of "lol" or "roflmao" or something equally insightful.