TAS FOUND: 12X135 MAXLE

Lucaw

Next in line
item: 12x135 rear axle
Price range/Willing to Pay: less than new
Extra Info: The scout cycling people over-tightened the straps and snap my rear axle on my craftworks in half:mad:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Are you keeping all your broken parts? Because I feel like you'd be getting quite a collection by now

...I was thinking of trying to retrofit a 10mm axle into poodles old frx. If it works out I might be able to get your old axle back to you.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Are you keeping all your broken parts? Because I feel like you'd be getting quite a collection by now

...I was thinking of trying to retrofit a 10mm axle into poodles old frx. If it works out I might be able to get your old axle back to you.

I have seen your handwork....Please don't!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have seen your handwork....Please don't!
Lol. That wheel wasn't me btw, that was some random in Ballarat.

What I have in mind wouldn't hurt the frame, but I havnt looked at it properly yet to see if it's actually feasible. I have a 135x10 thru axle wheel that I'd like to use in the crafty, was thinking of making up spacers/seats on the 3d printer then if it all fits, having it turned up properly. No real idea if it'll work though, hasn't gotten any further than a light bulb moment yet.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Do I resemble that remark? :oops:
Don't think so, can't remember who it was. He made a 142x12 hub into a 135x12 by cutting it down then reamed out a frame to suit it. Fatboy got the frame and I got his frame, then canary got his frame with the wheel and then Fatboy got it all off canary. You know, the usual Rotorburn circular trade system.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Do I resemble that remark? :oops:
Don't think so, can't remember who it was. He made a 142x12 hub into a 135x12 by cutting it down then reamed out a frame to suit it. Fatboy got the frame and I got his frame, then canary got his frame with the wheel and then Fatboy got it all off canary. You know, the usual Rotorburn circular trade system.

It was one of the 20,000 "Lachy"s that live in Ballarat.

160mm long, and i have no idea of the pitch
This page has a handy print out that you can use to measure thread pitch.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@Lucaw, I had a look at what I've got and the shortest 12mm axle I could find was 168mm allen key head.
Hopefully someone has a suitable spare in their stash for you.

moorey

call me Mia

Sounds like the handy work of a particular little chunt Lachie I know…but I do know about 6 young rider Lachies, indeed.

Lucaw

Next in line
well fuck
the LBS quoted me $90 for a new axle. I really want to ride these school holidays, but I can't justify that.
surly someone here would have one?

moorey

call me Mia
well fuck
the LBS quoted me $90 for a new axle. I really want to ride these school holidays, but I can't justify that.
surly someone here would have one?
135x12 really isn’t common….particularly when you don’t know the pitch…and length can still vary depending on the thickness of the dropouts. But hey, buy something miscellaneous s/h that will take a week to get there and may not fit anyway.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty uncommon standard as Moorey said, the spare Maxle I have is 174mm, you need M12x167mm length with a 1.75 pitch (i'm pretty sure), you might want to get some electronic calipers if you can and confirm the thread pitch though.

These will work for you: Aliexpress, or R2.Bike, but you're not going to get them within the next 2 weeks.

I could lend or sell the QR 174mm axle I have, but you'd need a 7mm spacer on the non-threaded end which is far from ideal.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I used a zinc bolt for a month while waiting for an axle to come for my norco sight.

Was M12x1.75 pitch from memory.

Not sure how a maxle works but take it to a bolt shop and see if you can find something that will work.

Cost about 2 bucks and is now in the parts bin as as back up.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Have you called or emailed Craftworks? You never know what they may have lurking in the spares bins, or they may know a shop that has spares.

As above, take your bike and axle to Nuts and Bolts in Derwent Park and see if they have anything.

Lucaw

Next in line
Have you called or emailed Craftworks? You never know what they may have lurking in the spares bins, or they may know a shop that has spares.

As above, take your bike and axle to Nuts and Bolts in Derwent Park and see if they have anything.
Craftworks said go to your local bike shop