VIC FOUND 170mm m8000 cranks.

moorey

call me Mia
Item. As above. Boost ideally. Prefer new or as new. No ring required.
Condition. New or as new.
Price. Up to $200
Location. Ballarat
Reason. For Felix's build. Missed the boat on an order, now out of stock. Can’t find 170 boost anywhere online At reasonable price or through reputable site. Prove me wrong.

Will take non boost in a pinch....but I have 165 non boost I could use if I have to.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I might be able to help. My wife is getting her new bike on Thurs and it should have M8100 cranks on it. She'll be changing to 165mm and being a small they may be 170mm?

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers. Not after SLX.
M8100 are 12sp. An 11sp ring for them is $180. It’s fucked. Cheers though.

PJO

in me vL comy
DM is 12sp and everything says non compatible with 11sp. @The Duckmeister ?
I thought all multi-speed chains from 9sp up have the same inner width (11/128" or 2.18mm). The outer width is different and varies based on the number of cogs but inner width is the same. Happy to be better informed if this is not the case...

moorey

call me Mia
Not sure if these are too far out of your Shimano universe?

Looks like 170 back in stock next week, but I guess you may not have the relevant ring?
Cheers. Felix likes Shimano. I concur.
I just need some clarification on a DM ring for the Shimano 12sp cranks with 11sp chain/cassette.
I read the 12sp shimmy chain is different, and only suits Shimano 12sp ring. That doesn’t necessarily mean an 11sp chain won’t work, or that another DM ring like Burgtech won’t work. I’m awaiting info before buying wrong one. Time for a thread maybe.
cheers.