NSW FOUND 26" straight steerer fork

BT180

Max Pfaff
Item: 26" 1 1/8 straight steerer fork, 120/130mm travel, 9mm QR axle.
Price: <$200 if possible
Extra Info: Will consider shorter travel forks that can be converted to longer travel.

Watcha got?

nathanm

Eats Squid
good luck, near impossible these days. I've searched for months without luck. have just now bought forks with 15mm axle as it's just so much easier to change wheels.

I'll be selling a set of recons shortly cheap but they're only 100mm and I don't think they can be extended. I know the old reba's could but don't think so on these.

nathanm

Eats Squid
How much?
They had a lower leg service a while back and the seals etc all look to be in good condition and work well. they do bleed some air between the pos/neg valve so sag down to about 90mm but still use full travel, apparently this is common in the older forks and doesn't affect the usage.

cosmetically they are average with plenty of scratches and scuffs and the crown has cable run. Stanchions are still very good.

I was thinking $80 + post?

Pics are in the "useless girlfriends bike" threads.

nathanm

Eats Squid
roger that, I think I said revelations in the desciption but i'm sure, pretty sure, reasonably confident they're recon's.

steerer is long, over 200mm from memory.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
There is a way to extend the old recons by 10 to 20mm, it's a little bush mechanic, but it works. I did it with one of my kids forks, which have recently been passed along to another kid. I'm sure I could work it out again if I had to though.

And if there's leakage between positive and negative, it's probably just an O ring issue. I also think I may have a pile of the correct O rings here too. (I ran out of damper side ones but pretty sure I still have air side ones)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
In 26 ins I have some Manitou Fireflys coil for about 90 kg x 130mm recent service + Fox F 120 mm both 9mm quick release .
Not sure about price but each < $200.
Both will take biggish tyres + have long steerers.

nathanm

Eats Squid
In 26 ins I have some Manitou Fireflys coil for about 90 kg x 130mm recent service + Fox F 120 mm both 9mm quick release .
typical, I've been looking for ages and those F120's would be perfect. If BT180 doesn't want them I'd actually be keen. Save me having to rehub my wheels.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Sweet, the F 120s could be a goer. Do you mind posting some pics of that and letting me know what the condition is?

Cheers

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep they are on a hardtail will put it up when my wife comes back later today.
.I only have a dumb phone.
Its white, good condition for its age about 2010 serial no 132571+ steerer is straight + about 200 mm .
Work perfectly.
No you can only decrease travel on F series.

Last edited: