FOUND - Banshee Spitfire Gen 1 135x10 dropouts

trailstar

Likes Dirt
Item: Looking at getting a Banshee Spitfire frame and trying to decide whether to run the 26" wheels I have already got or get a set that are 142x12. I'm currently looking at a 26" set that are the right spacing but just wanted to see if anyone has any 135x10 dropouts that'll suit a Gen 1 Spitfire sitting around collecting dust.
Item Condition: Decent, straight
Price and price conditions: Tell me what you want for them, within reason

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah they’d be 10mm dropouts. No “through axle” as such, either QR or bolt up.

moorey

call me Mia
Cheaper than expected...but I guess with currency conversion, GST and shipping, it adds up.
I have a set, but not with all those extras. You’ll need a hanger, I assume, but re-using current beans, bolts etc?

trailstar

Likes Dirt
Here’s a pic of my axle and hub to show you what I mean. It’s the same dimensions as your normal QR, just a stiffer set up I guess and fits into a regular QR dropout. I’ve never mentioned anything about a thru axle.

@moorey the bike already has two sets of dropouts (142x12 and 150x12 for 650b) so I believe it has the right bolts and bits to fit your dropouts. Would you want to part with your dropouts?

I haven’t had a dually since someone bought my white and grey Chumba XCL frame off me....

Attachments

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm clueless when it comes to Banshees but I ran the same axle (135x 10mm) on 2 previous bikes -09 & 12 575s- and it just slotted into the same 9mm QR hanger, not sure if this relates to Banshees but it is probably a simple solution and I reckon Moorey's nailed it up there^^.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Here’s a pic of my axle and hub to show you what I mean. It’s the same dimensions as your normal QR, just a stiffer set up I guess and fits into a regular QR dropout. I’ve never mentioned anything about a thru axle.

@moorey the bike already has two sets of dropouts (142x12 and 150x12 for 650b) so I believe it has the right bolts and bits to fit your dropouts. Would you want to part with your dropouts?

I haven’t had a dually since someone bought my white and grey Chumba XCL frame off me....
That will slot straight into moorey's dropouts.

moorey

call me Mia

You are correct. My bad. An actual 10mm thru axle, and yes, that would fit.
I have held them incase I ever wanted to run them again. I won’t. Chuck me a message.
Your bolts and chips will cross over into these.
That sweet Chumba is still with me, though currently having a break.