ACT Found BB30 to Shimano bottom bracket

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Item: BB30 to Shimano bottom bracket or adaptor.
Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than new
Extra Info: I'm looking to run Shimano cranks in a BB30 bottom bracket shell so I either need an adaptor, a Wheels manufacturing BB or a Praxis works one. Also happy to hear of other ideas.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If you can wait, these are very good.

AU $8.80 30%OFF | ZTTO BB30sh BB30 ...et chainset https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKBUCkb

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Get one of these bad boys, you will need to press it in, then install your hollowtech II threaded BB.

I think I have one of these from when I had a frame with a press fit BB shell. I ended up using a cheap eBay thread together bottom bracket (like the cane creek ones)

PF30 and BB30 are not the same though, are they? @Litenbror, what's the diameter of the BB shell?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I think I have one of these from when I had a frame with a press fit BB shell. I ended up using a cheap eBay thread together bottom bracket (like the cane creek ones)

PF30 and BB30 are not the same though, are they? @Litenbror, what's the diameter of the BB shell?
They are slightly different, got caught out with a Cannondale frame having PF30 once, I definitely need BB30. I'm currently looking at the ztto ones linked by @Oddjob but not sure if I have the patience.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
They are slightly different, got caught out with a Cannondale frame having PF30 once, I definitely need BB30. I'm currently looking at the ztto ones linked by @Oddjob but not sure if I have the patience.
oopsies :oops:

FSA does make a press-in threaded adapter for 73mm

edit: still somehow managed to show link to PF30 adapter o_O
at least you found the right part from bikebug

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
oopsies :oops:

FSA does make a press-in threaded adapter for 73mm

This one is PF30. They just work. no squeaking, no BS.

Do you think it could be installed at home with a large hammer and a block of wood?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Do you think it could be installed at home with a large hammer and a block of wood?
NO. You might be able to get headset cups in that way, but you will probably fuck your frame if you attempt to hammer this adapter in by force.
Borrow or buy a BB press tool.

You need to press it in carefully, I got Mywifesirrational to help, as he had a BB press tool, and we put grease on the adapter and some on the BB shell itself, and pressed it in slowly, checking a few times along the way to see if things were going wrong. Once it was in, it wasn't going anywhere.
just my experience in doing it....

Last edited: