[Found] Bike For a Mate

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Greetings 'Burners,

As the title suggests, I've been enlisted to help find a bike for a mate who's been copping a bit of a nibble from the MTB bug. Not looking for anything too nutso, hence the budget, but likewise not a complete dunger either, 'cos it is going to be ridden properly.

So....

XC, almost certainly hardtail, but a duallie isn't totally out of the picture if the package is decent. Medium frame size. Not particularly fussy about wheel size, but kinda leaning to 27.5. Air-spring fork. 9- or 10-sp, preferably 3x but not set in stone, and a strong preference for brakes that are NOT Avid!

I'm only acting as a "technical consultant"; any transaction will be between my mate and the seller, I'll provide contact details each way.

Show me what you've got! :smile:

Last edited:

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a medium specialized 2014 crave pro 29. I could do the $800 plus postage if you could do no front wheel perhaps?

200km old drive train and brake pads. Fork was rebuilt under warranty in September last year (Kerry at phantom cycles did this rebuild)- so is getting close to service time. Has no dents or dings - scratches and cable rub of course.

Let me know if you interested. I'm in Nsw 2578....

Bike is maintained by cycliste in Moss Vale.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A front wheel is rather essential....
I currently have a 15mm fork on the bike and would swap it back for the qr fork before I sell it and I don't have a QR wheel laying around...... Good spec though XT rear and front derailleurs, M615 brakes with finned pads, fox evolution fork, SLX shifters... happy to provide pics etc if you are interested I am going to sell shortly and will list for just over 1k - when I of course buy it a front wheel....

And of course you build wheels w:wink-new:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Does sound like a good package, but being pretty well at the top of the budget without the wheel is a bit of an issue, and I don't build wheels for nix (even for a mate). I'll keep it in mind, but if you get another buyer it's all good. :)

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No stress it will be in the fs section when my other build bits show up and I have built my new bike up.

With the budget of around $150 for a qr front wheel (think m1900 dt swiss or similar) and near new ardent race front wheel and brand new ikon rear, will complete the spec.

Last edited: