QLD Found - Cassette - Spacer - Lockring

Minlak

custom titis
Item: Cassette Spacer
Price range/Willing to Pay: Whatever you think
Extra Info: Looking for the spacer you use between the freehub and the cassette when using an 8spd cassette with a HG (Shimano) Freehub

Item: Steel Lockring
Extra Info: Looking for a steel cassette lock ring for Shimano HG Freehub

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
The spacer you're after, is that one of the 1.85mm ones? I bought a bunch of them a while back so I can definitely spare one.
I might have a steel locking too. I'll check what I've got tomorrow.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Item: Cassette Spacer
Extra Info: Looking for the spacer you use between the freehub and the cassette when using an 8spd cassette with a HG (Shimano) Freehub
8 spd, a man after my own heart

i presumed the lock rings were alloy?

Minlak

custom titis
The spacer you're after, is that one of the 1.85mm ones? I bought a bunch of them a while back so I can definitely spare one.
I might have a steel locking too. I'll check what I've got tomorrow.
Sweet thanks
I will see if I can find the spec of the spacer I need - I have one on the cassette now was hoping avoiding pulling it off to check - Longer version below :)

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
8 spd, a man after my own heart

i presumed the lock rings were alloy?
So long version - I got the cassette and put the spacer on and the lockring would not screw in as it didnt engage the threads - Took spacer out and lockring now fits - So I assume they have tweaked the cassettes in some way now its not needed - Cassette comes loose so I try spacer again and same issue - So I made some shim washers and fitted it as I didn't have any different spacers - Cassette comes loose again and when I undid the lockring this time it's mating surface was damaged from me over tightening last time - went to spares bin and found a token lockring and discovered it is almost twice the thread length of the Sram locking ring - Put spacer that came with hope hubs on and lock ring works perfectly - So essentially the lockring Sram supply was not fit for purpose - I have a steel freehub coming as I have gouged the alloy 1 and wanted to fit a steel lockring as well as its on the E-Bike.

I can't actually measure the current lockring as in my frustration I had wet and dry sanded it for a bit to try and get the threads to engage.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@Minlak I've definitely got a 1.8mm spacer you can have, if you need it?
I checked what lockrings I have and the only steel ones I've got spare are similar to SRAM with less threading.

Minlak

custom titis
@Minlak I've definitely got a 1.8mm spacer you can have, if you need it?
I checked what lockrings I have and the only steel ones I've got spare are similar to SRAM with less threading.
Thanks for looking I will let you know - it seems the spacer might be a 2.5mm one - I am thinking I might just buy a spacer kit that has various sizes to cover all bases. :)

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks for looking I will let you know - it seems the spacer might be a 2.5mm one - I am thinking I might just buy a spacer kit that has various sizes to cover all bases. :)
Use a BB spacer. You’re welcome.

edit. Hope hub yeah? You need 1mm for MTB cassette.

Last edited: