TAS [Found] Custom machined/CNC'ed post mount brake adapter?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So Avid CPS system and (even a bit of ham-fisted) filing of the original adaptor to reduce height will be the most cost-effective option, and offer the best alignment as well
Suppose I could do that, but would rather not - Shimano brakes aren't supposed to be used with CPS under the caliper.

Question now is whether or not I can be bothered trying to convey to Marino that they seem to be installing their mounts incorrectly, or just leave it. I think the latter. Don't think I'll be getting another frame though.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Suppose I could do that, but would rather not - Shimano brakes aren't supposed to be used with CPS under the caliper.

Question now is whether or not I can be bothered trying to convey to Marino that they seem to be installing their mounts incorrectly, or just leave it. I think the latter. Don't think I'll be getting another frame though.
What I was trying to imply was that if the bracket is not welded on properly, the top of it (which the Shimano caliper, or the adaptor, directly sits on) may not be perpendicular to the disc, so the CPS under the caliper can help.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What I was trying to imply was that if the bracket is not welded on properly, the top of it (which the Shimano caliper, or the adaptor, directly sits on) may not be perpendicular to the disc, so the CPS under the caliper can help.
Ahh, I see. Good point. I can probably make up a jig to measure that, got me curious now. LBS has a facing kit anyway so can get it faced if needed.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some at least of the latest Shimano do use the cone washers.
On top of caliper?

Righto, have ordered through Xometry and will sort something out otherwise in meantime. Spacers would work permanently probably, but to be honest I found the idea of a custom CNCed mount intriguing. Will mark as found.