ACT FOUND - DJ Fork 26"

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Item: Looking for a 26" / straight steerer DJ fork to replace something less DJ. Prefer 20mm axle, rigid.
Price range/Willing to Pay: $100 for rigid? See below..
Extra Info:

26", straight steerer, 20mm axle, Rigid / 80mm (ish) suspension adjusted = a2c of ... erm 445mm? I have 20mm-qr converters which I could use, but prefer not to as the current wheel is 20mm hub. I know 20mm axle rigid forks are uncommon, but thought I'd ask. Disc or maybe no brake mounts (BMX ahoy.) $ = show us what you got.
I've seen the rigid forks on cyclingdeal, they don't seem great.

Would consider something suspended, even something nice if the price is decent. Disk, 20mm axle, straight steerer, 80-100mm. Got a Circus Expert or Pike DJ you wierdly can't sell for half what you paid 6 months ago during a lockdown purchase binge? Sure, I'll take a look! I got some XC 26" / straight / 9mm forks in the cupboard if I really want suspension and can't find 20mm.

PS: What are you thinking, Foxzocchi? 2021 Marzocchi Bomber Z1 DJ 26" sounds great, but tapered steerer only? Also $1100 is a lot of money for a DJ fork.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
buckleys of finding any decent spec manitou circus forks period...straight steerer - you make me laugh!@
If you can stretch you budget a bit (like double and a bit more) you can get a new set of Identiti rebate forks posted from the UK, I have a set currently sitting on a dock somewhere that I ordered about 2 weeks ago
I sold a set of rebates about 9 months ago, but they were the short ones, I needed the suspension corrected one (465mm A2C)
I have a set of RS Domains Uturn 115-160 with a 20TA and a straight steerer, no good to me - PM if you are interested

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I have a set of Identiti Rebate 1420 you can have for $100+post - they’re the standard/non-XL ones so they’re 425mm a2c. I replaced them with the longer XL model as my DJ frame (Last Rufus) is too short and the toe overlap was a death sentence. Have been ridden maybe half a dozen times.

So not exactly what you’re after but a cheap and easy option if it helps. If you’ve got a high rise set of bars and enough TT length the short a2c rides great. How much steerer do you need?

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I have a set of Identiti Rebate 1420 you can have for $100+post - they’re the standard/non-XL ones so they’re 425mm a2c.
Sounds worth a try, cheers. PM sent.

How much steerer do you need?
I guess 180mm. Current steerer is just under 200mm, with 17mm of spacers. I think the frame + headset is about 140mm of stack, then 40mm for Hussefelt stem.

I have a set of RS Domains Uturn 115-160
Thanks for the offer. I'm moving away from a 100-140mm to something more BMX-orientated so no go.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
It's apparently doable! Cycling deal had these only recently, sold out now but they still have Circus Comp in stock.

Thought I was getting old model, was a bit of a shock when I opened the box.
you monster..why would you post up that photo
dead to me!