SA FOUND - dt swiss (240s) shimano rear hub 135 QR end caps (and a 24/36 or 52 ratchet upgrade)

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
Item: dt swiss rear 240s hub 135 qr end caps & ratchet upgrade kit
Item Condition: ok
Price: 20-30 for the end caps? or trade for the end caps that mine have (142x12 I think. The person I got the wheels from said it was from a mid 2016 or 17 giant reign)
Extra Info:

I bought a 26in wheelset recently. The front one fits but the rear dt swiss 240s hub has incompatible end caps & I need 135QR

@99_FGT @Smiker tagging you two because 5 years ago you said you might have them haha - https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...-swiss-conversion-kit-12mm-to-qr-rear.295579/

Does anyone have a set of the old qr end caps they dont need anymore lying around? I'll pay or happily trade the 142x12 came with my hub

I'm also after a ratchet upgrade kit to get more bees. (+other stuff to semi modernise a 2011 trance like any 30.9 dropper, maybe a 27.5 front fork..)

trade bait for the ratchet kit +/- cash (or the other stuff I'm after)
  • I have the 10sp xt 11-36 cassette that came with the wheelset
  • either the dt swiss 350 front wheel or the old giant branded front (spec says it's xt but the only marks on it are a 7-7-10 datestamp) & shimano hb-475 rear wheel that's on the trance at the moment - i'm guessing the dt swiss 350 is the better one so i'd rather keep that and i cant imagine why i'd ever possibli need a spare wheel
  • all the o rings you need to recon a fox shock lol (https://rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/leaky-fox-rp3.319869/#post-3456900)
  • 185/45 (i think) fox float r. Doesn't leak, rebound works fine. Sounds a bit squelchy
  • 9sp xtr stuff - rd, cassette, shifter, a few ride old chain (although this is currently on the bike - haven't put the 11 sp xt stuff on yet...)
  • not one but two dodgy giant contact dropper posts with leaky canisters that are now discontinued :(

Attachments

PJO

in me vL comy
You got a photo of the actual hub without cassette (i.e. the other side). I have some 135 QR endcaps somewhere but they came from a 350 hub, there is some cross-compatibility between 240/350 so might fit but would need to see photos or better still dimensions of the end caps you currently have...

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
@PJO

ok, some measurements
I can't take the cassette side end cap off - waiting on a cassette removal tool to arrive & the flared bottom is trapped by the lockring

but the brake side cap is 30mm long, 28mm wide at the base, 19mm outer diameter at the top and 12mm inner diameter (same outie and innie on the gear side)

googling the pn of the conversion kit HWGXXX0001528S it says it's compatible with 240 and 350 so it should be ok?

PJO

in me vL comy
First look hasn't turned them up. Hoping I haven't lent them to someone, pretty sure I didn't sell them.

Have wheels sitting here with the 142*12 end caps and I know I had to buy those to change from the QR ones.
I'll keep looking tomorrow.