VIC Found Fox 36 - 160mm 29er boost

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Item: 160mm fox 36 fork. 29er Boost and reduced offset (what does fox do? Is it 43 or 44mm offset?)
Price: depends on age, spec and condition but up to $800
Reason: my nephew just picked up a second hand frame and needs some components.
Condition: Good. Well maintained and no stanchion marks. Happy to service it if needed but price should reflect any love that’s needed
Other information: My nephew just picked up a second hand Transition Sentinel and needs some gear to plug into it. Top priority is the fork. His dad runs fox on the other bikes in the family so is most comfortable in that space (but may consider other options). The Tranny runs a reduced offset and 160mm so hoping to stay in that space. Could be non-boost but might as well move with the times and make it boost i reckon.

Probably prefer performance elite or factory but will consider any option.
cheers

moorey

call me Mia
I made an offer and it was accepted, pending close up pics of the area that my tranny and others seem to commonly crack. He sent me pics of different areas, other than one with tape over a problematic area that he wouldn’t remove, but insisted there wasn’t cracks. Probably fine, but having been burned and not able to view it in person, I ran away. You know them better than me, so might not have my concerns. Would have loved to try this as a mullet experiment. Let us know how you go.

yuley95

I made an offer and it was accepted, pending close up pics of the area that my tranny and others seem to commonly crack. He sent me pics of different areas, other than one with tape over a problematic area that he wouldn’t remove, but insisted there wasn’t cracks. Probably fine, but having been burned and not able to view it in person, I ran away. You know them better than me, so might not have my concerns. Would have loved to try this as a mullet experiment. Let us know how you go.
Interesting. It's my brother in law that called him to chat. The seller was responsive when I asked him on Facebook for his details but I wasn't around for the phone conversation. It seemed like they settled on a price and were good to go but it's been quiet since then in terms of organising shipping. Hearing that you also made an offer that was accepted is interesting/concerning. Maybe it will fall through.

I haven't heard of the Sentinel having any issues around the chainstay or bracing or the rear triangle but you never know. Mines been rock solid.

Looks like he has all mountain frame protection or something similar on there which would be hard to remove so I can understand if he is hesitant. Will see how it all plays out but thanks for letting me know about your experience.

moorey

call me Mia
Interesting. It's my brother in law that called him to chat. The seller was responsive when I asked him on Facebook for his details but I wasn't around for the phone conversation. It seemed like they settled on a price and were good to go but it's been quiet since then in terms of organising shipping. Hearing that you also made an offer that was accepted is interesting/concerning. Maybe it will fall through.

I haven't heard of the Sentinel having any issues around the chainstay or bracing or the rear triangle but you never know. Mines been rock solid.

Looks like he has all mountain frame protection or something similar on there which would be hard to remove so I can understand if he is hesitant. Will see how it all plays out but thanks for letting me know about your experience.
Not sentinel, lots of alloy patrol/suppressors. Looks same basic design. Just the fact he was cagey about showing me was enough. It’s just cheap tape. Not like I asked to remove
frame wrap.

moorey

call me Mia
Like I say, I’m sure it’s fine, I just went with my skeptical gut. Was only going to be a mullet experiment for Felix as a daily thrasher to save wearing out the race bike....but wasn’t emotionally attached to it.

yuley95

he says uncut steerer but also says off new bike - unlikely to be both
yeah, weird. Maybe he imagines it comes with a butt-load of spacers and uncut. Or what he really means is 'I won't cut it any more than it's already cut for my brand new bike...'

Petero

Likes Dirt
Have 2018 Fox 36 perf elites FIT4, 29er boost, it is 51mm offset though - only fitted for about 5 rides so pretty much as new. Currently set at 150mm so would need new airspring to go 160mm.

Was gonna save for n + 1 build, but that seems unlikely ATM.

PM me if this suits. In WA so will need to post.

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Also, buying a $1300 frame, THEN putting the price UP to $1000 for resale? You math like you type.
clearly this thread is about a fork, one for 750 - anytime you want to go head to head in a math/immune sysrem/virus/corona-19 EXAM/quiz, u know where to fine me - only qualifier -we live stream results for rotorburn users