VIC FOUND - Hope Pro 4 HG Driver Boost - will swap for microspline

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
  • Item full name and model etc. Hope Pro 4 HG Driver for boost hubs
  • Location Melbourne
  • Item condition description Not borked would great, micros spline driver has about 500 km on it
  • Reason for selling (A lot of buyers will ask this so please provide a reason, even if its only to say that you need the money).
  • Price and price conditions $80-100? Or swap for MS driver.
  • Pictures If you are reading this you probably know what they look like

moorey

call me Mia
Hmm. Think I’ve got a spare. MS might be handy for my future spares plan.
Lemme check.

moorey

call me Mia
You really need to open a shop.
Got any Shimano 4 piston calipers you want to unload too?
Brakes are my weak point unfortunately. Stupidly offloaded a few sets before Covid and am always looking for more myself. One set of zee calipers, but they’re going on the ENR soon.
One of these is near new. Assuming you need the 1.5mm spacer?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know anything about Hope stuff so lets assume that I need the spacer.
Brakes are crazy prices now, I'm trying to cobble something together using M785 levers and whatever cheap 4 piston calipers I can find.
Happy to swap for the MS free hub?

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, happy to swap. Yep, you need the spacer for a shimano HG cassettes. The pro4 is wider road cassette compatible, so runs those without spacer, but with for MTB. It goes on before cassette. Posting your other stuff today, I’ll add it in if that works?

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
No rush my end. Maybe Felix’s next bike will be 12x, but I’m in no rush. 11x has been so strong and reliable, and he doesn’t want the huge cassettes.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No rush my end. Maybe Felix’s next bike will be 12x, but I’m in no rush. 11x has been so strong and reliable, and he doesn’t want the huge cassettes.
You might not want the huge cassettes, but that's a lot of chainrings...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’ll bite. I don’t get it….
I was implying instead of running a 1x (1x11, or 1x12) drivetrain, you're running 11x or 12x. I knew you had a dirty fetish for front derailleurs, but I reckon you'd need a derailleur attached to the end of another derailleur for 12x!

(Yeah, it was a stretch of a joke).