FOUND pair 650B XC wheels QR 100/135mm axles

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Item: pair of 650B XC wheels with standard QR 100/135mm axles (front/rear)
Price range/Willing to Pay: around $300 depending condition
Extra Info: need to weigh around 1600g or less and be tubeless compatible

Ideally something similar to a pair of Stans ZTR 650B Crests with Stans 330 hubs. Novatec 711SB/712SB hubs are good too! A real bonus would be if the front hub took a 9mm thru axle (like Specialized's skraxle).

Last edited:

wavike

Likes Dirt
What are they going on, I haven't got any to sell. Saw an Epic 26er on MTBR go 650B recently. Was thinking the same for mine if it's doable, get the BB up a bit higher and a little bit better roll over.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
What are they going on, I haven't got any to sell. Saw an Epic 26er on MTBR go 650B recently. Was thinking the same for mine if it's doable, get the BB up a bit higher and a little bit better roll over.
Yep, I'm converting my Santa Cruz XC Blur to 650B. Just got a Fox fork now I need the wheels. Here's a before photo:
226820_10150192062062159_5471416_n.jpg

Sweep3r

Likes Dirt
fantastic convertion!

I run stans crest in my 2010 carbon frame with an x-fusion velvet fork. You will need to shim the rear shock to reduce travel and use a double or single chain ring. Good Luck.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I run stans crest in my 2010 carbon frame with an x-fusion velvet fork. You will need to shim the rear shock to reduce travel and use a double or single chain ring. Good Luck.
Why the need to go to single or double chain ring? I've seen nothing anywhere that suggests it is necessary, other than personal preferences.

Nothing reported here http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5-650b/new-s-cruz-blur-carbon-will-fit-650b-485448.html even one case of no shimming at all of the rear shock for 2012 XCc, but 2010, 2011, 2012 are all the same only change was 2010 was a straight 1 1/8" head tube, 2011+ was tapered.

Last edited:

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Thanks. Really wide tyres can rub the FD cage although you can angle the cage a little to help avoid contact. However I won't be running big tyres - Racing Ralphs so it shouldn't be a problem.

Lukespook

Likes Bikes
I have a pair of front and rear 650b Sun Ringle Inferno 25s with Shimano XT hubs and DT Swiss spokes that I may be willing to sell.

anton7

Cannon Fodder
NOVATEC MOUNTAIN BIKE HUBS for Shimano 32 BLACK
if you want to find a moutain bike accessories. I usually see the look on amazon.com, the price they offer quite competitive these products are quite reliable