FOUND SOLD DELETE Rockshox SID damper kit (80/100mm), part number 11.4015.544.030

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Item: Rockshox SID damper thingo, needs to be the one for 80/100mm forks (part number 11.4015.544.030)
Price range/Willing to Pay: $50?
Extra Info: Have the XX cartridge in there now, hydro lever doesn't play ball with the 'bar setup, part details explained on page 33
Pics: Looks like below

Happy to donate the XX lockout thingo too for the deal to happen, if someone wants an underbar-left setup.

Or even if someone has a left-top pop hydro button thingo?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If you have no luck, a good chance Worldwide cyclery will have these things. I picked up all of my RS parts there.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Hifi how do I tell which I have? I think there are two or three lock out remotes in the parts box... Too lazy to google.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Dunno - maybe there's a cast parts number? There's a chance just about anyone with an RS fork from a few years ago would have something usable.

Apparently the 80/100 fork series (no 120mm stanchion markings) uses a different damper to the longer forks...maybe the rod will hit the damper if you use the wrong one?

IIRC the grey one is no good, has to be the black one. Happy to take one off your hands!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The SID A forks (80/100 versions) have thicker stanchion walls so the damper's are different diamter to the SID B/Reba/more recent 120mm versions. Do you want any damper or specifically the RCT3 version pictured above? Very few SID A forks came with that damper. There are also two different RCT3 shim stacks depending on whether you have the shimmed rebound piston (red) or the DIG valve with the mid-valve (gold).

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Dunno - maybe there's a cast parts number? There's a chance just about anyone with an RS fork from a few years ago would have something usable.

Apparently the 80/100 fork series (no 120mm stanchion markings) uses a different damper to the longer forks...maybe the rod will hit the damper if you use the wrong one?

IIRC the grey one is no good, has to be the black one. Happy to take one off your hands!
Let me have a look today.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
It may be possible to modify your xx damper so it is not always locked out without the remote. The hydraulic lockout opens a poppet valve at the bottom of the damper. There is probably some way to fix it in the extended position.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yes! I was thinking of doing this too if I couldn't find a cheap alternative. I was going to pop it out & have a look at its internal functionality...