VIC FOUND: Squishy Bits

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
ITEMS: Good-spec (e.g. RS Sid, Fox RP23 or similar) Fork and shock to suit short-travel 26" XC bike. Edit: Shock pending.

PRICE: What is fair for good-spec bits.

The Guts of It: Got a frame to replace my nicked one, and it needs s'pension. I have a Rock Shox Monarch RL shock that came out of a warranty frame at my old work that I can use, but wasn't that impressed when I rode one some years ago, so preference is a Fox, either RP23 (preferred) or CTD, 165 x 38, normal mounting.

At the front I'm seeking a decent-level fork for 26", 100-120mm travel, tapered steerer, minimum 190mm, & 15mm through-axle. Boost wasn't invented when 26" was still A Thing.

The frame remains one of the highest-spec frames Giant has ever built, so I'm looking for parts that reflect that spec level - it originally had XTR and Kashima Foxy bits hanging off it for reference.

UPDATE: Fork and shock found! :D

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I have fox32 26” forks with a tapered steerer and 100x15. Blue lowers. Don’t know steerer length off the top of my head. How long do you need? Will get photos and confirm what model.

I might have a shock too.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Minimum steerer I need is 190mm, roughly meaured off the remaining bike. I'm not as young & flexible as I used to be, so a bit more won't hurt.