FOUND WTB 9 Speed 1x crankset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thanks @Labcanary and @Dales Cannon .

Funny I just assumed that chainrings had moved on and become incompatible, seems like that’s one part of mtblyf that can still be called a ‘standard’

Red might be a bit too McDonalds on this bike @Labcanary but appreciate the offer. Flip chip pedal thread is bonkers!

@Dales Cannon slummy deore is absolutely fine, I’ll find some Ti spokey dokeys to atone for the shame
Green ones 9nly so they match the Hope hubs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you figured out you can just grind the granny gear tabs off and make the xtr work @Tubbsy ? If not I have something black in 104bcd with 170mm arms. If you don't mind waiting a little bit for it?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Guess my peasant Deore can gather more dust…
Well if @Dales Cannon can't find his peasant deore then I will hit you up for yours.

Have you figured out you can just grind the granny gear tabs off and make the xtr work @Tubbsy ? If not I have something black in 104bcd with 170mm arms. If you don't mind waiting a little bit for it?
tbh I could probably bodge a front derailleur as a chain guide and keep what I have now, but it would just annoy me. I'll let you know if other options fall through, meanwhile enjoy your snow!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
meanwhile enjoy your snow!
I've never been known to do that before...I think my luck has run dry. Not much fresh last night and fuck it was warm today. Last 2 days were really busy so the whole place is chopped up. Hopefully a blast of it tonight, lots of cloud but I don't like my chances. Last day of it tomorrow.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sorry, youse gunna have to steal @moorey peasant stock. Looked and could not find. Then checked wife's bike.

This did not come with Shimano cranks... and the BB was square taper...

Sorry.

moorey

call me Mia
Sorry, youse gunna have to steal @moorey peasant stock. Looked and could not find. Then checked wife's bike.

This did not come with Shimano cranks... and the BB was square taper...

Sorry.
So, all of a sudden you care more about your life partner than a random farkin wanker? Poor form.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Haha righto then.

Thanks for looking @Dales Cannon, even if I'm confused about why your wife's bike should get in the way of my needs.

@moorey I guess I'm keen. I have a 96bcd chainring in the spares, will that fit?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Pick a roundy roundy (Paxisworks 32t) or not so roundy roundy (Blackspire 34t). The other 32 is not naturally wanky.

And I have no memory of changing the cranks on the Jamis. Must have been when the Muru went from 2x10 back to 1x11 a year ago. Cos the Jamis has a wide 10 speed on its bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.