[FOUND] WTB: RS Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair - 200x51

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I'm looking to replace the rear shock on my Blur TRc. Got my eyes set on the Monarch Debonair currently, but I might be able to be convinced to go with something else if the price & quality was right. Details below.

Item: Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair
Size: 200x51
Tune: M/M
Price range/Willing to Pay:$300ish
Extra Info:
I'm pretty keen on the Monarch, although I would also consider a Cane Creek DBAir if the price was right.
If the seller is interested, I'd also swap current shock (Fox RP23 Kashima Coat) for a discount.
If I'm dreaming on the price, just let me know.

Edit: I should not be trusted with money. Ever. It spontaneously turns into bike parts. The order has been filled.

Last edited:

gregp

Likes Dirt
Hi mate, sorry don't have what you're looking for but I'm also interested in swapping the Fox on my TRc for a Monarch. Hope you don't mind if I ask on this thread: how did you pick the tune for the Monarch and debonair vs stock? Any science behind it or references you could point me to?

Jim Junkie

Hi mate, sorry don't have what you're looking for but I'm also interested in swapping the Fox on my TRc for a Monarch. Hope you don't mind if I ask on this thread: how did you pick the tune for the Monarch and debonair vs stock? Any science behind it or references you could point me to?
Not an exact science, just what other people have done through some searching around on the Internet. Seems to be a fairly common change & where I was able to find info it was a medium tune that was used.

If you're interested, I have found that bike-discount.de sells the medium tune in 200x51 for about $570 AUD. Out of stock at the moment, but due back on the 20th October. I haven't been able to find it in a medium tune anywhere else (Only an L/L tune on CRC).

Edit: I should add that my decision also had to do with my weight; at 85-90kg I'm on the heavier end and advice seems to be to go with a Med tune over Low for damping with heavier riders. I've also asked the question to SC directly, but have yet to hear back from them.

Another edit: A bit more information on the TRc suspension, if you like some reading: http://linkagedesign.blogspot.fr/2011/05/santa-cruz-blur-trc-2012.html
This guy also did a bit on the Monarch Debonair when it came out too, indicating that it was pretty much made to measure for VPP.

Last edited:

gregp

Likes Dirt
Cool, thanks for the quick reply and links. If I track down any other sources will let you know. Man, that aussie dollar dive is going to take a toll... used to see those shocks on line for low $400s.

- ha! I'm pretty much the same weight as you....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Seen one within the last week on the farcebook trader pages.
+1 Actually had a trawl for it, but couldn't find it amid the thousands of bike related sale posts that comprise my feed. Around $250 from memory, considered it for my Blur XC.

Jim Junkie

+1 Actually had a trawl for it, but couldn't find it amid the thousands of bike related sale posts that comprise my feed. Around $250 from memory, considered it for my Blur XC.
Thanks for the heads up, I'd not considered FB as a possibility (only signed up the Victorian one thanks to the Douche posting of the day thread :heh:). I'll go have a dig around.

Last edited:

Jim Junkie

I see there was a 200x57 up on the NSW trading post about a week back, and they seem to be a lot more common.

I do recall reading somewhere though that occasionally shorter shocks have spacers in them to restrict the last bit of travel, essentially converting them to a shorter stroke? I don't think it was an easy change to make though, so have pretty much ruled it out at the moment.

Jim Junkie

If anyone's interested in these, bike-discount.de has them fairly cheap when you dig. There is one listing for multiple sizes, but if you look through the rest of the listings individual sizes are listed a fair bit (about $100) cheaper.