VIC Found

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Item:
Chasing a cheap and nasty frame for a mate of mine who's frame has bitten the dust. he wants to try and fix it but its REALLY not worth it so i thought i could swap with him and hang his old one from a tree in my front yard. he's about 6 foot so will need something around the 18 to 20 inch mark, 1 1/8 steerer is a must and has to have V mounts as he doesn't have disc wheels yet (i have a set of brakes to give him but no wheels). other than that, colours, scratches, dents, brands are not a concern (christ, even a huffy would do if it had 1 1/8 steerer), just needs to be cheap cos i'm paying for this and i'm a stingy bastard ;).

ALSO

Looking for a mountainbike for one of my boys who is just about ready to progress from the 16" bmx style to a "bike like daddys". i know i'm not the only dad who's thought thats a ripper of an idea and the way the little things grow i'm certain theres plenty of these bikes being gownded out of. looking for an aluminium frame with suspension forks and gears, otherwise not too fussy. if you have one, or know someone with one, please let me know :)

Location: Selby, near Belgrave, but happy to do a little travelling or shout for postage
Item Condition: suprise me ;)
Reason for wanting: because
Price and price conditions: $20 maybe $30 for the frame & up to $100 for the kids bike
Extra Info: the longest recorded flight of a chicken was 13 seconds

Last edited:

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just upgraded some parts.

Think I have a X7 long cage derailleur, pair of x7 shifters and I have a few 9spd cassettes....(11-32 PG 970, a New 12-26 PG 970, and a 11-26 PG970DH)

Have to check to actually see what those are, but Im guessing, depending on which bits, about $80 for derail, shifters and cassette?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
thanks for the quick responses guys, and thanks (yet again) skwiz for the 9 speed parts :)

still chasing an el-cheapo frame but theres no hurry for this...

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 29er frame if you are interested Ill send you a PM, I would like to sell the wheels and forks with this also if you are interested

NSR

Likes Dirt
I have a few free frames you might be interested in. They just need to go.
I have a very large Gary Fisher Tarpon and an Apolo Reckless. I think the second one is a medium, and without V-mounts though.
Inbox me for details.

your project bike

I got a frame that fit your description and maybe even more:

GT i drive 4.0(full suspension),cane creek ad10 (faulty rebound and compression holds air fine)

-aerozine headset
-dabomb seatpost
-shimano alivio FD (low clamp)
-i even have wheelset and tire for it, sunrinle singletrack rims, deore hubs (disc) maxxis..

note: frame size is 20/22.5 (Seat Tube / Top Tube length) and im 6 foot as well, frame is in fair condition has a few scratches and has a small crack at seat tube ( http://www.gripsport.com.au/service/frame-repair could fix it) and your other problem is location im at ACT and im not sure if i could post it to you

PM me if your interested, you might be surprised

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I got a frame that fit your description and maybe even more:

GT i drive 4.0(full suspension),cane creek ad10 (faulty rebound and compression holds air fine)

-aerozine headset
-dabomb seatpost
-shimano alivio FD (low clamp)
-i even have wheelset and tire for it, sunrinle singletrack rims, deore hubs (disc) maxxis..

note: frame size is 20/22.5 (Seat Tube / Top Tube length) and im 6 foot as well, frame is in fair condition has a few scratches and has a small crack at seat tube ( http://www.gripsport.com.au/service/frame-repair could fix it) and your other problem is location im at ACT and im not sure if i could post it to you

PM me if your interested, you might be surprised
thanks for the offer, but i'm not sure getting a frame that needs to be repaired to replace a frame that needs to be repaired is really the right answer here (sorry, i'm a smartass, i cant help it :tape: ). i'd probably grab it for myself if my wife wouldn't divorce me for bringing more bikes in, i have a bit of a thing for GTs....

cheers mate