Found

mitchy_

Llama calmer
certainly looks like it. comparing the fox ID's says they are the same shock, mine is just the 2014 version off a SC, yours is a 2013 from an Intense.

it's this little knobby bit that fouls on my linkage. little bastard.

moorey

call me Mia
certainly looks like it. comparing the fox ID's says they are the same shock, mine is just the 2014 version off a SC, yours is a 2013 from an Intense.

it's this little knobby bit that fouls on my linkage. little bastard.

yeah, looks same. Sorry nigs, I'll keep an eye out for another.

moorey

call me Mia
Pretty sure Stoo has an 'as new' rp23 he bought 18 months ago as a back up, and has never used. He's offered it to me numerous times to lend when I've had shocks off for service. He's running ctd's and ccdb's now, so I think it's dead to him. Pretty sure that most of the 200mm rp23's are only 51mm stroke though. Do you know?

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got an rp23 kashima jobby that I may be willing to let go.

Sits in my tool box as the back up to my much loved and effing awesome coil shock.

Would you be interested in it?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
what's an RP23 like compared to the CTD? ideally i'd want a similar performing or upgraded shock, not sure if the RP23 is a step down?

moorey

call me Mia
what's an RP23 like compared to the CTD? ideally i'd want a similar performing or upgraded shock, not sure if the RP23 is a step down?
Until 6 months ago, I was scathing on rp23's. Hadn't had one that the pro pedal did jack shit on. Last one, on the 6.6, was like a lockout though. Loved it.
Personally, I'm a little underwhelmed by the ctd's also. Still running 2 (non evo), and really don't think the ctd on either works that well.
Neither feel fantastic, but I'm now comparing to the CCDB, so it's not a fair comparison. I still prefer my old dhx air to either of the ctd's....and I've run them both on the same bike.
Disclaimer: neither ctds were tuned to the bike, the CCDB is.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I've just put an RS Monarch RT on my bike and it's excellent. Looking at putting a Debonair can on it to finish the job.

styler

Likes Dirt
The RP23 is a different shock to the CTD's. The RP23 (with BV) is unreal on my Bergamont (same recommend tune by Bergamont). The Ctd's are a much harsher shock (more of a pedal platform) the RP23 is much smoother in it motion and just floats along. I have also had problems like moorey with the pro pedal doing sweet FA when switched but now have a valve fitted to allow me to adjust charge levels to adjust this.
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=304567&d=1419321101
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?287417-IPF-valve-to-Fox-rear-shock

Have mates that have done the same mod with great success.

Was originally going to run the same shock you currently have on the bergamont until I tried the rp23 from my focus. Very happy with it for now.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey fella

Where are you located?

Mine is the boost valve model referred to by that other dude.

Wanna give it a test run?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Hey mitchy,

what's the tune on your Fox? If medium, could be interested in swapping for my monarch.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Hey mitchy,

what's the tune on your Fox? If medium, could be interested in swapping for my monarch.
according to the fox ID it's a medium velocity tune, low rebound tune. monarch is likely what i'm looking for, i know they fit, even with the remote canister and debonair can.

Hey fella

Where are you located?

Mine is the boost valve model referred to by that other dude.

Wanna give it a test run?
i'm in the gold coast.. possibly if the above doesn't pan out! thanks.

The RP23 is a different shock to the CTD's. The RP23 (with BV) is unreal on my Bergamont (same recommend tune by Bergamont). The Ctd's are a much harsher shock (more of a pedal platform) the RP23 is much smoother in it motion and just floats along. I have also had problems like moorey with the pro pedal doing sweet FA when switched but now have a valve fitted to allow me to adjust charge levels to adjust this.
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=304567&d=1419321101
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?287417-IPF-valve-to-Fox-rear-shock

Have mates that have done the same mod with great success.

Was originally going to run the same shock you currently have on the bergamont until I tried the rp23 from my focus. Very happy with it for now.
ah well there you go. perhaps the frame design plays a part, but i dont find mine harsh. not that i've played with an RP23 to compare though.

styler

Likes Dirt
ah well there you go. perhaps the frame design plays a part, but i dont find mine harsh. not that i've played with an RP23 to compare though.
Frame ratio / leverage has a massive part to play. I have a few CTD's and they all have a firmer pedal platform when on trail mode then the rp2 / rp23 which is not necessarily a bad thing, just comes down to what you want from the bike/shock. The CTD are very efficient to get power down and still absorb bigger hits.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Medium tune works for me. Mine is standard can, not Debonair.
pm sent!

Frame ratio / leverage has a massive part to play. I have a few CTD's and they all have a firmer pedal platform when on trail mode then the rp2 / rp23 which is not necessarily a bad thing, just comes down to what you want from the bike/shock. The CTD are very efficient to get power down and still absorb bigger hits.
it does indeed have an awesome pedalling platform, even in trail as i can't use climb (or descend). i've not suffered the bottoming out at recommended sag that a lot of people suffer too. just a shame i cant use the shock to it's full extent or i'd keep it there.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
bump, still looking. would prefer a monarch or vector.. surely someone wants to swap their shock for some kashima goodness to match a fork, etc...