Ideate

Wanted:
26" Hardtail Frame M/L/XL
100mm fork compatible
Headtube under 120mm, or 130mm if "integrated" type
31.6 seatpost, so I can use my dropper
Any suggestions?
Cheers!
Price/budget? I've got a Surge Evo (not selling) but they usually go cheap on CRC.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Price/budget? I've got a Surge Evo (not selling) but they usually go cheap on CRC.
Surge Evo is pretty close to what I'm looking for, but only 30.9 seatpost

I was hoping to pay under $100 for a used frame, maybe under $300 for new?

If I eliminate either the seatpost, fork travel or wheel size requirement, there are a few choices in new frames, but very little I've found has all of them.

The only currently available frame with everything is the carbon ONONE 456 evo, too expensive.

Some options I've found are:
Trek 3500
Avanti Montari 26
Fireeye Flame

The first two are both old models and were never available frame-only
The Fireeye is unavailable currently (edit: just found one, but $400+)

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Just be patient they are out there but combo of 31.6 seatpost ,cheap ,26 ins and tapered headtube is tricky.
Frames cost a lot to post.
CRC does have cheap new ones but you have to be quick.

Sweep3r

Likes Dirt
Brand-X HT-01 from CRC well worth considering, I have recently built one of these frames up. Designed for 27.5 wheels but you could use 26 inch.

rone

Eats Squid
Surge Evo is pretty close to what I'm looking for, but only 30.9 seatpost

I was hoping to pay under $100 for a used frame, maybe under $300 for new?

If I eliminate either the seatpost, fork travel or wheel size requirement, there are a few choices in new frames, but very little I've found has all of them.

The only currently available frame with everything is the carbon ONONE 456 evo, too expensive.

Some options I've found are:
Trek 3500
Avanti Montari 26
Fireeye Flame

The first two are both old models and were never available frame-only
The Fireeye is unavailable currently (edit: just found one, but $400+)
Your options are all shit.

Buy the On-One.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
That Brand X is supposed to have a 27.5 120mm fork, the A/C of a 26 100mm fork will make it steeper, and lower the bottom bracket, on top of the lowering from also running 26 wheels

The On-One might be worth it, but seems a bit excessive for a bike I basically use as a dirt jumper

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is this still ongoing? If you want a cheap solution, I've got a felt double shot. It should be able to handle a bit of a flogging. I think the head tube is integrated.

DSC_1167~2.jpg

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Is this still ongoing? If you want a cheap solution, I've got a felt double shot. It should be able to handle a bit of a flogging. I think the head tube is integrated.
Yeah, that might be perfect!
I'll message about some details

This is the frame that needs replacing,its cracked again after already being welded
and I was kinda hoping to keep it a little more dirt-jump style, rather than going to a XC frame, so the double shot could be a good option

Attachments

Last edited: