QLD FOUND

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Item: Looking for a decent GPS computer as I'm over my watch. Was looking at a Bryton 60E or Lezyne Super GPS on Pushys but thought I'd see here as well in case someone is ditching one. Must be GPS and barometric. Bluetooth and ANT+. Long life battery too.
Condition: Very good to excellent
Price: Around $150
PIcs: If you like

DMan

Why not Garmin? There's a reason that they are the most popular.
Nothing against Garmin. I have a old 705 and it's good but it's battery is rooted. You seem to get a lot from Bryton/ Lezyne for your dollar and the reviews are good. But I'll take someones second hand Garmin one if they want to sell it....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Nothing against Garmin. I have a old 705 and it's good but it's battery is rooted. You seem to get a lot from Bryton/ Lezyne for your dollar and the reviews are good. But I'll take someones second hand Garmin one if they want to sell it....
If you like it enough you can buy replacement batteries. Easy job to do, pretty much plug and play. Did that with mine, then replaced it with 820 twelve months later.

DMan

If you like it enough you can buy replacement batteries. Easy job to do, pretty much plug and play. Did that with mine, then replaced it with 820 twelve months later.
No, it shits me to have to plug it into the computer to download it. Time to upgrade. I want something that syncs wirelessly.

Cardy George

Yep yep, I hear ya. My 820 does that, but sorry it's not for sale :D

If you're the type that uses headphones while riding, the Garmin chick will whisper directions to you while you're navigating. Garmin Connect is a pretty useful app these days.

Others may have a different opinion, but mine hasn't annoyed me enough to make me replace it.

DMan

If you're the type that uses headphones while riding, the Garmin chick will whisper directions to you while you're navigating. Garmin Connect is a pretty useful app these days.

Others may have a different opinion, but mine hasn't annoyed me enough to make me replace it.
I do like the idea of the soft, sultry whispering of directions though....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How long have you had the 820 for ? Do you have a "blue halo' around your screen ?

If you do, Garmin Au will send you a new unit. Mine has been replaced twice since 2016, so on my 3rd and its starting to get the blue ring too.

They are awesome units, my 810 is still going on my mates bike, the 820 battery life is sensational.

Looks like they still have not fixed the screen either, both the new 830 and 1030 have the same issue.

Cardy George

How long have you had the 820 for ? Do you have a "blue halo' around your screen ?

If you do, Garmin Au will send you a new unit. Mine has been replaced twice since 2016, so on my 3rd and its starting to get the blue ring too.

They are awesome units, my 810 is still going on my mates bike, the 820 battery life is sensational.

Looks like they still have not fixed the screen either, both the new 830 and 1030 have the same issue.

View attachment 354888
About 15 months, and yes, yes it does. Has for awhile, but I was starting to think it was getting worse.......

Do I contact garmin directly or go thru the retailer?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Bryton fo lyfe!

I don't need colour touchy screens or navigation to the nearest coffee shop.
Just a long AF battery life, good GPS connection, wireless etc.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
About 15 months, and yes, yes it does. Has for awhile, but I was starting to think it was getting worse.......

Do I contact garmin directly or go thru the retailer?
Contact Garmin Aus direct. They just need the serial number and where you purchased it.

They do get progressively worse, on my second unit pictured below, the screen started to delaminate at the top right corner as well as a very advanced halo.

Each time they have sent me a new sealed 820, in the box with all the mounts. I kinda look at it as getting a new fresh 820 every 18 months.

Yeah its a bit shit to have this issue in the first place but Garmin Aus are unreal in the way they deal with it.

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Garmin suck, pushes have the 60E on sale at resent for 199, killer deal, also there is a 15% off coupon also -not sure if it will work

DMan

Thanks peeps. Missed out on the 60E unfortunately but did snag a 410E for a good price.