VIC Found

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Med/Large frame
Price range/Willing to Pay: whatever it's worth I guess
Extra Info: bored and found out while cleaning the shed I've got enough parts to build a few bikes if only I had a frame. Preference for a 29" wheels and I've got a spot to fill in the fleet with a bigger trail bike since I've got xc covered with my Sniper. But in saying that I'd probably build some sort of steel xc hardtail if someone had one.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ooh nice. If I build a hardtail I reckon I'd be more looking at a 100mm bike though. A Niner SIR9 would be awesome or something similar. Really shouldn't have sold my Solaris
There's a guy in Brisbane on FB selling a beautiful SIR9 complete and I really want to buy it but I can't :(

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a guy in Brisbane on FB selling a beautiful SIR9 complete and I really want to buy it but I can't :(
Yeah I saw that. Asked if he's willing to sell just the frame but no dice

Thinking of buying sometime new ATM. Stanton is doing a runout on their steel Sherpa frames

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah I saw that. Asked if he's willing to sell just the frame but no dice

Thinking of buying sometime new ATM. Stanton is doing a runout on their steel Sherpa frames
Honestly once you factor in shipping it's about $1100 or you can get a custom titanium for about $1400 delivered from Waltly.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I got a quote a while ago from waltly for basically my 2013 Honzo cloned and I think it was USD$850 + $100 shipped so at today's rates that's $1500 that was also for sliding dropouts which was more expensive. If you can find someone else who wants one I think it's $100 shipping for 2 frames so you can save $50 there. Also the fun of custom geo and a completely unique frame I recon go for it, I'm hoping to soon.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I got a quote a while ago from waltly for basically my 2013 Honzo cloned and I think it was USD$850 + $100 shipped so at today's rates that's $1500 that was also for sliding dropouts which was more expensive. If you can find someone else who wants one I think it's $100 shipping for 2 frames so you can save $50 there.
Got my Waltly just delivered 1 week ago and currently being built. Aud has been shot to pieces and likewise shipping is a bit of a munted thing right now. Had to go the more expensive DHL shipping. Paid half at the start, half when it got posted (low aud) and turned out to be $1600 landed for me. Still pretty happy but it was about $200 more than I expected.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You monster! Think of the weight!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You know me too well! My old Cotic I got down to 11kg with a dropper.

I'm gonna promise myself this won't be built with weight in mind. Just something I can jump on and take out for fun. Mind you just looking around the shed I can see an 11 speed xtr drivetrain, Hope brakes and quite a bit of carbon bits and pieces.

Something has just been missing from the fleet since I sold that bike. As great as my Sniper is it just doesn't have personality like the Solaris or the Turner Czar.

I think that's part of the reason why I've usually done a PYR thread on all my bikes but I still haven't done one for the Intense. Just something I can't put my finger on after nearly a year of ownership

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You know me too well! My old Cotic I got down to 11kg with a dropper.

I'm gonna promise myself this won't be built with weight in mind. Just something I can jump on and take out for fun. Mind you just looking around the shed I can see an 11 speed xtr drivetrain, Hope brakes and quite a bit of carbon bits and pieces.

Something has just been missing from the fleet since I sold that bike. As great as my Sniper is it just doesn't have personality like the Solaris or the Turner Czar.

I think that's part of the reason why I've usually done a PYR thread on all my bikes but I still haven't done one for the Intense. Just something I can't put my finger on after nearly a year of ownership
Its not a Turner...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its not a Turner...

And Turner is no more. Who'd be next in line up replicate that feel, Ibis? New Gen Ripley would look nice in the shed. But I still just want that 100/100mm bike for racing that the Sniper does so well.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
And Turner is no more. Who'd be next in line up replicate that feel, Ibis? New Gen Ripley would look nice in the shed. But I still just want that 100/100mm bike for racing that the Sniper does so well.
Says who? Website is still up.

I've got an OG dw alloy Flux that I could let go maybe.

For something more modern the Ripley or Mach 4 sl.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
https://forums.mtbr.com/turner/has-turner-closed-doors-1123829.html

Yeah, various sources have said they talked to him, and he's still selling parts and whatever on the website, and they insist he's not closing, but the only bike that seems to be available is his Ti road bike. So it's all still as clear as mud. In the meantime, Pivot seems to be making Turners and putting their stickers on them, so there's that.