Found.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Out of curiosity, what's the stack height on your current bike? Stack heights are pretty low on the Zerodes and if you have to space the stem up a lot it'll artificially shorten the reach too...
Let me consult my spreadsheet... :)

The Katipo is 12mm taller. I was running 50mm rise bars on the 606 stack of the Blackbird previously.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
I'm all over the show about which I'm going to go for for the next frame... o_O The Zerode's are still in play with 2 other options seemingly out for months, if at all...
or anyone else with a Zerode... This might be a stupid question but how does the sizing / feel of your Zerode compare to similar sizes of frames you rode before the Zerode?

Does the low weight of the box change the balance / handling in any particular way?

At the moment I can't choose between going for the Taniwha (475 reach) which is 10mm shorter than I was previously running, which I felt was a tad short... But it's got the shorter rear end which I prefer. I'm not after a plough bike, it wouldn't suit 90% of my riding.

Or the 505 reach on the Katipo which is about the front end length that I'm after, but it has the longer rear end... But then designed for 29, and big 27.5 doesn't look like being ideal on that...

I prefer something in the more playful side of things rather than the plough.

:rolleyes:o_O:eek::p
umm i went from a medium trance to a large zerode .. felt good, but this was only after a few years of riding though, so my experience is a bit limited it does fit me well, i did ride a trek rail on the weekend in a medium and that felt good too... not sure about the derailuer i broke!

to me the low and middle weight of the box is the advantage and allows it to be a fun bike , i can plow through anything with the 27.5 wheels! sure it might be slow but i can :) it is a stupid fun bike to enjoy i also have the trail version too!
is there anyone out there in vic with a demo? have you emailed rod in NZ and asked?

wkkie

umm i went from a medium trance to a large zerode .. felt good, but this was only after a few years of riding though, so my experience is a bit limited it does fit me well, i did ride a trek rail on the weekend in a medium and that felt good too... not sure about the derailuer i broke!

to me the low and middle weight of the box is the advantage and allows it to be a fun bike , i can plow through anything with the 27.5 wheels! sure it might be slow but i can :) it is a stupid fun bike to enjoy i also have the trail version too!
is there anyone out there in vic with a demo? have you emailed rod in NZ and asked?
Do you know what the reach was for both frames?

When you say it felt good after a few years of riding? What were the differences you felt to start with? To long? To short? Other handling issues?

There are a few bikes listed on the Zerode world thing on their website, but given the current climate, it's been a little hard to organise anything.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Do you know what the reach was for both frames?

When you say it felt good after a few years of riding? What were the differences you felt to start with? To long? To short? Other handling issues?

There are a few bikes listed on the Zerode world thing on their website, but given the current climate, it's been a little hard to organise anything.
sorry, i only got a zerode after a few years of riding like maybe 2 to 3yrs? , and only 1 dual suspension bike
i went from a Talon, to a trance to a zerode and never looked back,
unfortunate, i don't recall the reach numbers :( what makes it harder is that my 1st zerode was a large, but then they changed it to the reach numbers for my 2nd ( my 1st one was stolen :( )
From what i recall, it was definalty longer than the trance, no handling issues at all! loved it from the moment i got on the thing. i guess with you being in vic it can be a bit hard :( trying to find a bike to demo ( funny as i literally l bought mine without even riding one! )

best thing i ever did was get a PROPER bike fit, i felt way better after that on the bike,

discofrank

Likes Dirt
just buy the damn bike! stop doing your head in with numbers! you will never enjoy it! as you will alwasy go.. ohh maybe i should have done this... or this....
buy the bike, ride the bike
be happy
/end!

safreek

just buy the damn bike! stop doing your head in with numbers! you will never enjoy it! as you will alwasy go.. ohh maybe i should have done this... or this....
buy the bike, ride the bike
be happy
/end!
I have to agree, so many people worry about the numbers or the reach or whatever.
I think we all know that it's how good the bike looks that really matters, even if it rides shit.
Oh, I think you should buy one of those carbon fibre bikes that look like a sitar, very cool. Can't think of their names

wkkie

That's very fancy...

I have ended up picking something. Just playing the waiting game now...