Fox 32 RLC Kashima vs Rockshox SID xx

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Hi all, if you had to pick between a 2012 Fox 32 RLC Kashima or 2013 Rockshox SID xx both in a 15mm axle 120mm travel. Which one and why? For all-round trail use, ease of adjustment and plush feel.
Cheers
Joel

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fox.

Sid XX is a race fork, does away with the adjustments in favour of saving weight...

You should really read the descriptions on the manufactures websites...

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Disagree on race fork, it's not much lighter than the fox - 50grams tops

SIDS are plush in the 120 and easier to service seals etc than the fox. Hardly ever use the lockout feature apart from road - just not my thing, but it has variable threshold which makes it potentially useful if you are an out of the saddle climber.

The 12o is way different to the 100 in the RS. Haven't had any fox recently apart from a 150mm model which is not really a comparison.

0psi

Eats Squid
For all round use I'd go with a Kashima Fox. I've got a Sid XX WC on the XC bike and love it but I'm building a trail bike and I wouldn't have anything other than a Kashima Fox, well, unless I can demo one of the new RS forks and they turn out to be amazing which by all accounts they are.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I have the SID XX 120. I don't like the XX damper. Listen to Seksy. You loose comp adjustment and only end up with a combined floodgate/comp adjustment which sucks. I have replaced my XX damper with a RLT damper which offers more adjustment and in my opinion performs better. RCT3 damper again is dumbed down for dudes that can't work an adjuster. If you can get a SID 120 RLT go for it. It should be cheaper than the XX. By yourself a poploc adjust and you get remote lockout as well as remote compression adjustment. Why they no longer do a fork with poploc adjust is beyond me (but the solo air crap is also beyond me).

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I have the SID XX 120. I don't like the XX damper. Listen to Seksy. You loose comp adjustment and only end up with a combined floodgate/comp adjustment which sucks. I have replaced my XX damper with a RLT damper which offers more adjustment and in my opinion performs better. RCT3 damper again is dumbed down for dudes that can't work an adjuster. If you can get a SID 120 RLT go for it. It should be cheaper than the XX. By yourself a poploc adjust and you get remote lockout as well as remote compression adjustment. Why they no longer do a fork with poploc adjust is beyond me (but the solo air crap is also beyond me).
Are you sure you've got your acronyms the right way round? The rct3 is the adjustable damper and the rlt is just threshold added to the base rl. I nearly went rct3 over xx, in hindsight might have been a good thing. The rct3 is very popular in the revelation. Which reminds me, I'd go an rct3 revelation if the 100grams doesn't matter

SummitFever

Eats Squid
RCT3 has that three mode only crap. On the RLT you can move the comp adjuster wherever you like and adjust the floodgate wherever you like. I know because I actually own the XX and RLT dampers. I don't own and RCT3 but didn't buy one because of the 3-mode rubbish which is just an attempt to copy the fox CTD stuff.