Fox 32's Beefy Enough?

XiaoLong

Cannon Fodder
I have read in various reviews about flex in fox 32's. I am looking at 150mm travel forks and wondering if the 32s will have too much flex?

I am 90kgs, I like to go up not quite as much as I like to come down, ride trail, rock gardens and like more technical downhills. Don't do big hits.

My frame is the Yeti 2006 so the steerer is 1 1/8 (not tapered) which seems to somewhat limits options when buying new. The fork I'd like to replace is a Marzocchi Z1.SL that has 20m through axle.

Any feedback on fox 32's 150mm? Any ideas on a suitable replacement fork? Any one got something that would fit the bill that they are looking to offload?

Thanks

stoo

Likes Dirt
I'm close to your weight and have a couple of sets of Bomber 55CR, when I ride one of my bikes with 32mm / 150 forks they feel like rubber, I can't go back. For your weight and riding style I say don't do it.....

rone

Eats Squid
I have read in various reviews about flex in fox 32's. I am looking at 150mm travel forks and wondering if the 32s will have too much flex?

I am 90kgs, I like to go up not quite as much as I like to come down, ride trail, rock gardens and like more technical downhills. Don't do big hits.

My frame is the Yeti 2006 so the steerer is 1 1/8 (not tapered) which seems to somewhat limits options when buying new. The fork I'd like to replace is a Marzocchi Z1.SL that has 20m through axle.

Any feedback on fox 32's 150mm? Any ideas on a suitable replacement fork? Any one got something that would fit the bill that they are looking to offload?

Thanks
Us bigger guys are probably better served by the 34 or 36 chassis Fox forks.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
I'm a lot lighter than you friend and I found my 32s at 140mm travel to be flexy. Replaced them with Lyriks (35) which were great, replaced those with a travel adjust Vengeance (36) all 1 1/8.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I weigh just 70kg and have a 120mm 32mm stanchioned fox fork on an XC bike and I feel like it is a little too flex. I can only imagine it gets worse with added weight and travel.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll appreciate the greater stiffness of 34-36mm forks. 32mm are built more for weight savings and tend to flex quiet a bit when pushed hard.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll back Stoo on the Marz 55cr. I'm 90-95kg and have been working the 55cr for almost a year pretty hard (I don't do up) and can't find any fault. They come in a straight 1 1/8 option, have a 20mm axle, weigh not much, and look pretty rad. I'm not sure, but I think you can slam them down a bit in travel as well (they are 170mm).

the Fox 36 range and Rock Shock Lyrics would keep you happy. Maybe the 140mm air Rock Shock Argyle if you want shorter travel? It's on sale at Torpedo7 for about $700 at the moment I think.

moorey

call me Mia
You're all just fat fucks. My revelations and bomber 44's are well stiff. Fox 32 forks ARE flexy, and are for nannas anyway. :tsk:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You're all just fat fucks. My revelations and bomber 44's are well stiff. Fox 32 forks ARE flexy, and are for nannas anyway. :tsk:
your wife tells me it is a shame that all your forks aren't stiff. she said that your short travel job wouldn't even be classed as flexi. And lifting steak to eat builds up a lot more muscle in my right arm than lifting lentils does.

stoo

Likes Dirt
Really? Revs well stiff and the Fox equivalent total noodles? Some serious biased bullshit there I say.

moorey

call me Mia
your wife tells me it is a shame that all your forks aren't stiff. she said that your short travel job wouldn't even be classed as flexi. And lifting steak to eat builds up a lot more muscle in my right arm than lifting lentils does.
At 95kg, I guess you lift a lot of steaks.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
i have seen test results on other websites that put modern revs as torsionally stiffer then 32s and 34s but much less then 36ers... pikes at 35mm are supposedly stiffer then all of them... this is lab tests though ie. expose to a load and measure deflection. i cant say how that translates into real world as ive never spent enough time on all varieties to really come to a conclusion.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
i have seen test results on other websites that put modern revs as torsionally stiffer then 32s and 34s but much less then 36ers... pikes at 35mm are supposedly stiffer then all of them... this is lab tests though ie. expose to a load and measure deflection. i cant say how that translates into real world as ive never spent enough time on all varieties to really come to a conclusion.
Totems for trumps.