Fox Creek Bike Park - South Australia

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
About time this place had its own thread.

The rebuild of Fox Creek after the December 2019 fire destroyed the whole park is remarkable.

Still a lot to do but building it back bigger and better.

Toilets, a Kiosk, shelters, water, shuttle pick up/drop areas, carparks, skills area's and new trails :)

Its still a construction site up there but exciting stuff is happening.

Took the boys up to the new skills park today and it was awesome fun.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
That skills park looks awesome @ozzybmx, thanks for posting pics.

@Ackland, do you know how this was funded? It would be great to see other parks like this elsewhere in Oz.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
That skills park looks awesome @ozzybmx, thanks for posting pics.

@Ackland, do you know how this was funded? It would be great to see other parks like this elsewhere in Oz.
Combination of insurance, fire recovery grants, recreation facility grants and Forestry recreational operating budgets.

It's pretty complex governance up there but Forestry are committed to operating in and around the infrastructure.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I was in Adelaide over Christmas and was lucky enough to ride there - was amazing! I was only on my trail bike (no shuttles) but managed 4 top to bottom runs and was super stoked on the trails, such a good mix. I also rode a couple of other local Adelaide trails and can say that you guys are spoilt for choice there with so many options so close to the city - shits all over Melbourne. Plus the dirt jumps/pump track in the city centre area - Adelaide is a must visit for any MTBer. I want to move there now!

ozzybmx

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Hoping it's just politicking, and the funding will be shuffled in quietly from somewhere else, not too far in the future. This is often standard practice, to create the right impression for the soundbight to the majority voters.

Labor have been supporters of mtb, and are well aware of the flow on benefits from such expenditure.

That's what I hope anyway. So far, the Malinauskus government has been far less liberal than the Marshall Liberal government.

ozzybmx

Hoping it's just politicking, and the funding will be shuffled in quietly from somewhere else, not too far in the future. This is often standard practice, to create the right impression for the soundbight to the majority voters.

Labor have been supporters of mtb, and are well aware of the flow on benefits from such expenditure.

That's what I hope anyway. So far, the Malinauskus government has been far less liberal than the Marshall Liberal government.
Reckon it's been shuffled away to the $20 million a year Adelaide 500.

Would be good if the cash does get there somehow but it will probably be in drips and drabs rather than a firm commitment.