fox creek sa info please

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Will be passing nearby fox creek MTB park on a family camping trip. Is it easy to find your way around the new core loop? From the map I have it looks like you park at the fox creek rd parking and then head up middle earth and from there proceed anti clockwise until you go down green smoothie. Not sure if that us right though and what the state of the signage is (won't be popular if I get lost).
Any help appreciated
Cheers

haritone

Likes Dirt
My recommendation is to park on the Croft Rd "Triangle" car park right next to Yangoora Estate - you can see it on Google Maps.

Go over the gate, take the first left toward the pine forest and follow the firetrail up and around the right, up a very short climb to Three Bridges & A Jump(?) and drop in there. You can link up all the rest of the trails once you come out of the forest. It's the most fun way, in my opinion.

Have a good trip

pointless

Likes Bikes
Will be passing nearby fox creek MTB park on a family camping trip. Is it easy to find your way around the new core loop? From the map I have it looks like you park at the fox creek rd parking and then head up middle earth and from there proceed anti clockwise until you go down green smoothie. Not sure if that us right though and what the state of the signage is (won't be popular if I get lost).
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Yeah this will work. If you park down the bottom car park then head up middle earth all you basically have to do is make your way across to the start of green smoothie which is right at the gate by the triangle car park. There are a couple of other trails between those like 'point of knoll return' and another one or two which i cant remember the name of.

pointless

Likes Bikes
Sign posting is not great at Fox.....
Yeah, I think approval has just been given for new signs so we probably wont see them for a year or two.

The Downhill runs are all nicely sign posted now. I think it took about two years for that to eventuate after approval was granted.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Thanks all, good info. I dont have a garmin, but i think i can upload that gpx file to my phone. Hopefully that sees me roughly on track along with your tips. I'll be there around lunch tommorow , but literally just passing through on the way to the next campsite. Will let you know how i get on.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
So that went ok in the end. Green smoothie and middle earth are all well sign posted, although it gets a it vague after that and i needed the gps. Its a nice trail network, you guys are lucky to have imba on your doorstep (I presume its imba's local network). Nice to see so many stakeholders getting involved too, would like to see more of that in victoria.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So that went ok in the end. Green smoothie and middle earth are all well sign posted, although it gets a it vague after that and i needed the gps. Its a nice trail network, you guys are lucky to have imba on your doorstep (I presume its imba's local network). Nice to see so many stakeholders getting involved too, would like to see more of that in victoria.
Glad you found the new tracks. Yep we have fantastic trails in Adelaide now with more being built.

I wasn't too sure on signage as I mostly ride there in the dark and don't take too much notice of signs as I know where I am going....

pointless

Likes Bikes
yeah a fair amount of work has gone into the core loop, It is pretty easy to get around, its all the other xc trails there where I get lost.

I wasn't too sure on signage as I mostly ride there in the dark and don't take too much notice of signs as I know where I am going....
lol, Do many people ride in there at night? I thought the place was closed at night.

on another note does anyone know if the downhill track Fast is open now?

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:welcome:
yeah a fair amount of work has gone into the core loop, It is pretty easy to get around, its all the other xc trails there where I get lost.

lol, Do many people ride in there at night? I thought the place was closed at night.

on another note does anyone know if the downhill track Fast is open now?
errrrr yes, forest is closed at night, I must be thinking of the 4 solo 24hrs I have done there. :suspicious:

I have heard people do regular night rides at Fox, but I don't know anything about that.....

Yep. Fox fast is open