Fox Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom../

Likes Bikes
I don't really understand the point of doing the track "Fox creek" South australia, you ride down the track for aproximatly 3 mins, and if you are a good rider, run the risk of getting injured, and when your at the bottom, you reload you bikes on the car drive back up and do it again. Dont parents out there have a life on a saturday???

It just confuses me :)

That is all

Tom

Staunch

Eats Squid
People ride downhill for the fun of it. Most know that they have a good chance of getting hurt but they accept that because they enjoy doing what they're doing. Downhill can be fun because of the challenge and the adrenaline rush you get, some people might get these things from the trail Fox Creek, just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that it's a bad track.

Last edited:

Tom../

Likes Bikes
Yeah understand that, and i do know why people do it, but at my age (15) me and my friends do not have licences so we cannot drive ourselves, i was just saying that it confuses me that these kids parents devote there time to do it.

Well maybe thats just me and i just personally find it weird, or perhaps they just enjoy the fact that there children are having fun and getting fit??

Cheers
Tom

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Yeah understand that, and i do know why people do it, but at my age (15) me and my friends do not have licences so we cannot drive ourselves, i was just saying that it confuses me that these kids parents devote there time to do it.

Well maybe thats just me and i just personally find it weird, or perhaps they just enjoy the fact that there children are having fun and getting fit??

Cheers
Tom

In other words u cant get anyone to drive you??

I see your other thread about getting into downhill, have you tried it first??

You seem a little confused at the why we "Just go flat out downhill"

Well, personally, i do it for the rush. Soem do it for other reasons. I like to go fast and the feeling of going flat out on a push bike is so much better than the feeling of going fast on a moto or a car.. It you and the bike. No pistons, no throttle. Just bike. Thats what sells it for me.

As for the driving, just walk it, im not familiar with the track your talking about, but if your folks wont drive you, become mates with the fellas who are geting driven hehe..

Last edited:

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
woah, what a winger,

my mates and i all have licences and cars but we usually push back up the hill, gets us fit and means we can all ride together, i'd rather that than one of use miss out on a run to drive,

just my 2c

Tom../

Likes Bikes
downhilling

In other words u cant get anyone to drive you??

I see your other thread about getting into downhill, have you tried it first??

You seem a little confused at the why we "Just go flat out downhill"

Well, personally, i do it for the rush. Soem do it for other reasons. I like to go fast and the feeling of going flat out on a push bike is so much better than the feeling of going fast on a moto or a car.. It you and the bike. No pistons, no throttle. Just bike. Thats what sells it for me.

As for the driving, just walk it, im not familiar with the track your talking about, but if your folks wont drive you, become mates with the fellas who are geting driven hehe..
Yes i have been downhilling, about 4 times, with my friends (refere to my previous threds) that is why i have decided to get into it, also for the thrill of it, also like i have said in previous threads, i know quite alot about it because i am around the topic all day long.

Tom../

Likes Bikes
haha....how very...sad
Lol joking.

I totally agree, if thee is some possible way of you getting back up a hill with minimal effot, most people take it

dh damo

Likes Dirt
I don't really understand the point of doing the track "Fox creek" South australia, you ride down the track for aproximatly 3 mins, and if you are a good rider, run the risk of getting injured, and when your at the bottom, you reload you bikes on the car drive back up and do it again. Dont parents out there have a life on a saturday???

It just confuses me :)

That is all

Tom
I don't understand the point of you making the threads your making.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is, without a doubt, the STUPIDEST thread i have ever read on Farkin.net
Why, would you bother asking such a question?? ok, here are 2 main reasons parents help out.
1. Becuase parents love their children, and will do almost anything for them.
2. Becuase people like us (downhillers) are devoted to going fast down hill's, and not pedalling :p.
Still, i agree with that other person, A friend? of mine has a toyota corrolla thingy and he could drive it up the side of the fire trail, but we (Tallebudgera kids) prefer to walk up the track so we can all go at once.

pinnin

Likes Dirt
This is, without a doubt, the STUPIDEST thread i have ever read on Farkin.net
Why, would you bother asking such a question?? ok, here are 2 main reasons parents help out.
1. Becuase parents love their children, and will do almost anything for them.
2. Becuase people like us (downhillers) are devoted to going fast down hill's, and not pedalling :p.
Still, i agree with that other person, A friend? of mine has a toyota corrolla thingy and he could drive it up the side of the fire trail, but we (Tallebudgera kids) prefer to walk up the track so we can all go at once.

Agreed 100%,
Beat me to the punch

And yes, people usually "get into" downhill because they seek the rush that every other rider seeks, Also I personally have only ever done push-runs, NEVER been shuttled, its much more rewarding and learning the hard way doesnt make you spoilt and a massive whinger on the off day you have to resort to pushing.

Get over it

(my 2c)

Last edited:

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Haha, agreed here as well. Plus pushing up the track allows you to check out different lines, contributes to fitness and the whole time builds kinetic energy.

Fox Creek is a decent push up but well worth it. It's also one of the best spots for van runs as the road is mainly tarmac without too much traffic.

Van runs are the equivalent of tow in surfing, and pushing the track is the same as paddling out through a shore / beach break.

takai

Eats Squid
For the interstaters, Fox Creek is one of the only legal shuttleable (if not THE only) DH tracks in Adelaide. More than that its not just the one DH track, its more of a shuttleable MTB park. XC loops over in one section and then four or six (depending on how you count them) DH tracks (Long/Bowl, Steep, Fast/Faster, Pattersons Curse) on another section of park.

Fox is popular with a wide range of people, purely because its shuttleable, and it offers a fairly wide range of tracks, from flat out speedy "blue" runs with sick wallrides (Fast/Faster) through to long race style runs (Long/Bowl) and steep technical twisty bits with a bit of north shore thrown in (Steep), and even some techy offcamber stuff (Pattys Curse).

Fox IS pushable, although the fire road has a rather nasty start of about 10+deg for a 100m vert climb. Then the fire road is goes up and down to the start of the track. Especially with the option of shuttling its not a particularly appealing option.

For the interstaters here is where it is: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-34.884048,138.833756&spn=0.008079,0.016479&t=h&z=17

trolleyed

Likes Bikes
Also I personally have only ever done push-runs, NEVER been shuttled, its much more rewarding and learning the hard way doesnt make you spoilt and a massive whinger on the off day you have to resort to pushing.

Get over it

(my 2c)
Once you do a day of shuttles, you will see the light. Pushing is all well and good, but it really detracts from the whole 'riding downhill' thing we love to do :) I'd rather do a dozen shuttle runs of a track and be completely stuffed, as opposed to laboring a 20kg bike up the hill for 3 or 4 runs.

There's no learning here, except you haven't yet learnt how much better shuttles are, LOL.

I concur with Industry Nine, whats the point of this thread? I think I just turned it into a shuttle vs push war...

takai

Eats Squid
Im all for shuttling, but just the fact that shuttles can be had doesnt make a crap track any better.

Infact i would say that i would prefer to push up a good track than shuttle a crap one.

Thats why me and my mates are at Kangarilla every weekend. 10-20 minute push up and only 2-3 minutes down depending on the track. Nothing beats walking back up, unless of course its at a race meeting.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you'll gain more riding skill by shuttling because you have more energy at the start of each run, so you can hit everything harder/faster. you can do more runs so you can get that tech section of the track dialed better, and pushing sucks balls, once u start shuttling, you'll have the same oppinion. but i agree with taki as well, a shit tracks a shit track, no shuttle can make it better.

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Once you do a day of shuttles, you will see the light. Pushing is all well and good, but it really detracts from the whole 'riding downhill' thing we love to do :) I'd rather do a dozen shuttle runs of a track and be completely stuffed, as opposed to laboring a 20kg bike up the hill for 3 or 4 runs.

There's no learning here, except you haven't yet learnt how much better shuttles are, LOL.

I concur with Industry Nine, whats the point of this thread? I think I just turned it into a shuttle vs push war...

Fair call on shuttles being better than push runs, just stating that it is better to start off doing push runs so that you arent spoilt and become a whinger when you have no other option.
Unfortunately I ride with only one other mate, so shuttling is pointless, not against it.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.