Fox Proframe

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
Had my eye on a Fox Proframe helmet for a while and now they’re reduced I’m going to pull the pin.

Tried to buy one locally a little while back but I’m right between sizes and nowhere had a medium. Large felt a little on the big side. Not sure if it comes fitted with thick or thin pads as standard.

Can anyone who owns one shed some light on whether the sizing runs large or small? Measuring my head I come out 58/59cm

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Had my eye on a Fox Proframe helmet for a while and now they’re reduced I’m going to pull the pin.

Tried to buy one locally a little while back but I’m right between sizes and nowhere had a medium. Large felt a little on the big side. Not sure if it comes fitted with thick or thin pads as standard.

Can anyone who owns one shed some light on whether the sizing runs large or small? Measuring my head I come out 58/59cm
If you're getting it from MTBD, just get both sizes you're curious about and return the one that didn't fit for $10.

Other companies might have a similar option

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
Where are they on sale? I have been interested too.
MTB direct and Pushys have them for $249 in black white. Evans have them even lower but would mean having to collect them when I’m next back in the uk.

Thought about ordering both sizes but didn’t want to mess them around too much

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Evans don't ship them?
Medium has:
Mid cheek installed, thin brow pad and thin neck roll.
Comes with thin and thick cheek pad and spare thin brow and neck.

Too tight a fit compared to medium 661, medium lazer. I got mine but it's just too tight. Large will probably be too big, got a large giro and it's too large, medium too small.

Last edited:

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
Medium has:

Too tight a fit compared to medium 661, medium lazer. I got mine but it's just too tight. Large will probably be too big, got a large giro and it's too large, medium too small.
Cheers for that, sounds like I’m going to be in the same position. I’ll take a chance on the large and hope the thicker cheek pads do it

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Sounds like it. Out of the all the brands it kills to me say but Scott's new lineup is by far the most comfortable if you've got a wider head, the medium they've just released is incredible. When it lands ill be ditching the Giro and the Lazer..they just need a light FF.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pretty sure none of the uk stores will ship helmets international now due to the certification
I purchased a protec from England recently and one of my mates grabbed another brand that arrived in the last week or so. I just had a quick look, logged in to be sure they knew where I was from, and there was plenty of options. Some stated they were AS/nzs approved, some had European approvals, some made no mention of any approvals. I'd wager if they are showing it to you, you can buy it.

Medium has:

Cheers. I have a small-mediun head. Sounds like medium will suit me nicely.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
I purchased a protec from England recently and one of my mates grabbed another brand that arrived in the last week or so. I just had a quick look, logged in to be sure they knew where I was from, and there was plenty of options. Some stated they were AS/nzs approved, some had European approvals, some made no mention of any approvals. I'd wager if they are showing it to you, you can buy it.
Which site was that? Neither CRC or Evans will show me a Proframe unless I say I’m in the uk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's not standards, that's geoblocking. I used FreestyleXtreme.com for the protect and friend used crc for whatever it was he got, that isn't a fox.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
As an update, I received my Proframe today (Sunday delivery surprised me!). Large is a perfect fit for my head that measured between a large and a medium.

As a reference I also own a Fox Flux and in that I’m a S/M so the Proframe must run smaller

padams10003

Likes Dirt
As an update, I received my Proframe today (Sunday delivery surprised me!). Large is a perfect fit for my head that measured between a large and a medium.

As a reference I also own a Fox Flux and in that I’m a S/M so the Proframe must run smaller
How much smaller is the medium compared to the large? I have just got a large, but I can't decide whether it is too big or not (could just be the design of the helmet making it feel big).

I reckon if i dropped back to a medium it would most likely be too small. Every other helmet i have is a large (including a fox flux) so i reckon i might just need to get used to it.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Ive had medium helmets from numerous brands ‘forever’.

Never thought id wear a ‘large’ helmet.

Tried on the Proframe the other week, the medium basically hurt. Left imprints of the pads on my head, the worst was the pad above the eyes... Large felt good. Could probably get it better with a combo of the different sized pads that come with it?

From this limited experience ive had with the Proframe id say they are sized smaller the ‘average’ and id found a few other comments from others supporting my findings when researching the helmet online afterwards.

Travis.