Fox Proframe

bikie

Rock Bottom
New TLD lid is out soon which is lighter I think? MTBDirect had a few pre-releases available. Not sure if any left though.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Ive had medium helmets from numerous brands ‘forever’.

Never thought id wear a ‘large’ helmet.

Tried on the Proframe the other week, the medium basically hurt. Left imprints of the pads on my head, the worst was the pad above the eyes... Large felt good. Could probably get it better with a combo of the different sized pads that come with it?

From this limited experience ive had with the Proframe id say they are sized smaller the ‘average’ and id found a few other comments from others supporting my findings when researching the helmet online afterwards.

Travis.
Cheers. Trying it on again, I think it is just a combination of the size/opened of the helmet and the mips that makes it feel bigger than what it is. It feels pretty good around the top of my head and done up tight it doesn't move too much.

damo666

Likes Dirt
Ive had medium helmets from numerous brands ‘forever’.

Never thought id wear a ‘large’ helmet.

Tried on the Proframe the other week, the medium basically hurt. Left imprints of the pads on my head, the worst was the pad above the eyes... Large felt good. Could probably get it better with a combo of the different sized pads that come with it?

From this limited experience ive had with the Proframe id say they are sized smaller the ‘average’ and id found a few other comments from others supporting my findings when researching the helmet online afterwards.

Travis.
Agree 100%. I'm normally a Large in all helmets.
My sons Large Proframe digs into my forehead something chronic. I bought an XL (!!!) and it fits perfectly.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
As per previous replies, if you’re a large in the flux I’d be amazed if you were anything smaller than a large in the Proframe.

Great helmet btw, lot of excitement over the TLD but I can’t see how it could be significantly better

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
Now that I've had a couple of good rides in the helmet now, I can say I love it. I got a large, and left the thicker cheekpads in, they felt a bit tight but i put the thinner neck pad and now the helmet is very comfortable.

I rode last Saturday for a good 2-3 hours, and it was very humid. I was dripping with sweat after, but I honestly forgot I had a full face on. It really does breath well and is light.

Just do what I did, get a tape measure and measure your head. Then buy the helmet that is the correct size. I ended up being a large, whereas my open lid is a medium (Specialized Ambush Comp). '

I also work normal glasses with them (100% centrics) and no issues at all and look good too.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Now that I've had a couple of good rides in the helmet now, I can say I love it. I got a large, and left the thicker cheekpads in, they felt a bit tight but i put the thinner neck pad and now the helmet is very comfortable.

I rode last Saturday for a good 2-3 hours, and it was very humid. I was dripping with sweat after, but I honestly forgot I had a full face on. It really does breath well and is light.

Just do what I did, get a tape measure and measure your head. Then buy the helmet that is the correct size. I ended up being a large, whereas my open lid is a medium (Specialized Ambush Comp). '

I also work normal glasses with them (100% centrics) and no issues at all and look good too.
I have only had one ride with mine so far, but like you I also pretty much forgot I had a full face on.

The only issue i had was that the helmet wanted to move forward a bit which kept pushing my sunnies into the bridge of my nose nose (might be ok with goggles). I reckon swapping to the thinner neck pad might sought this as well.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Honestly been using mine for 6 months now and I dont even consider using my other helmets. Its light breaths great and stops my dumb ass from smashing my teeth. All big ticks for the proframe

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Ive been close to pulling the trigger on the Proframe for weeks now. Have tried them on heaps and still cannot decide on the correct size.

Im 56cm measured around the head, thats the start of the medium on their chart (M=56-58cm) but again across the front its borderline painful.

The Large feels good on, but i think it would end up being loose once worn in. I could only hope with some swapping out of the pads thinner ones the M would end up perfect once worn in...??

The TLD Stage has caught my eye a bit recently but id be buying it without having tried one on... that and the fact its $450ish? Vs $250ish for the Proframe im struggling to understand and justify the price difference! Anyone here have the Stage and care to tell me how awesome it is and thoughts vs the Proframe?

Travis.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Ive been close to pulling the trigger on the Proframe for weeks now. Have tried them on heaps and still cannot decide on the correct size.

Im 56cm measured around the head, thats the start of the medium on their chart (M=56-58cm) but again across the front its borderline painful.

The Large feels good on, but i think it would end up being loose once worn in. I could only hope with some swapping out of the pads thinner ones the M would end up perfect once worn in...??

The TLD Stage has caught my eye a bit recently but id be buying it without having tried one on... that and the fact its $450ish? Vs $250ish for the Proframe im struggling to understand and justify the price difference! Anyone here have the Stage and care to tell me how awesome it is and thoughts vs the Proframe?

Travis.
Get a #1 crew-cut?
(seriously, chicks dig it, it's super quick to dry outta the shower, no silly hair products to apply...and your favourite fox enduro helmet will fit nice)

....failing that, have a fiddle around with the different supplied pads some more. I found that the different thicknesses really changed the fit.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Get a #1 crew-cut?
(seriously, chicks dig it, it's super quick to dry outta the shower, no silly hair products to apply...and your favourite fox enduro helmet will fit nice)

....failing that, have a fiddle around with the different supplied pads some more. I found that the different thicknesses really changed the fit.
Hmmm what if we flip that around and thats the problem, not enough boof head hair to add some cushion... already use #1.

Travis.

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes

Travis.
Get the medium, I measured the start of a large and out of the box it felt really tight. I left the cheek pads on as the thickest one, but put the smaller neck pad and this sorted it all out. Now it is very comfortable.

Without changing the neck pad I felt the same as you. You don't want it too big that it isn't snug even with the bigger pads in. Also the pads will in time wear in and not be as tight which is important to note.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey Andy, thanks yeh hear you. Ive been back to my LBS trying on the Proframes a number of times and i think the Medium would be the way to go for me but it still doesnt feel quite right.

It feels like there are 2 positions it can sit, i can pull the chinbar down or push it up and will sit in each spot... I think its the front pad, perhaps like you mention if i changed the neck pad it would allow the helmet to sit properly and in ‘one’ spot on my head...

That said, i did manage to try on one of the new TLD Stage helmets and sadly it just fits perfectly first time. No wiggle room, just feels right... fark!!!

However its price tag stopped me from leaving the shop with it there and then. Glad i didnt rush into it as id like to check both helmets to see if either will accommodate a light on top without dicking around.

Travis

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
I will never get a helmet with removable chin bar again no matter what brand or price point. Not after my bell super 3r failed me.

Not worth the risk imo.

I've seen pictures of giro switchblades in a crash where the chinbar comes off! Also I'm not the only one to have the 3r fail on them.

Tld although very well respected still has higher risk point of failure, in that it has a removable chin bar.

Get an open lid for days you are just cruising and a full face on days you want to push yourself. These hybrid helmets are just an accident waiting to happen. Plastic surgery and 3 broken teeth later I can happily tell people to please reconsider :)

P.s. I've seen pics of proframe after massive crashes into helmet and chinbar held up fine. Even saw a video of someone trying to break the proframe, slamming chin bar into concrete over and over, it took alot to just crack it a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
TLD Stage is a fixed chinbar like the Proframe.

Travis.
Why did I think it had a removable chinbar :/

Looks good then! Price is a bit more than the proframe, and it looks so similar its not funny. Can't see any reason for me to change from the proframe :) TLD have some nice colour schemes though, but i prefer my matte black anyways so again it doesn't make a difference for me!