Fox Shock Leaking Air

smakams

Likes Bikes
Hey guys I have a FOX DHX 3.0 and everytime i try and inflate (normally to 150psi) the air leaks out the schrader valve. The leaking is audible and goes until there is no pressure in the shock.
Would this most likely be a schrader valve replacement or something worse? :(
I just bought this bike second hand and I haven't done any riding on it but if i did, could i cause damage to the shock if there is little pressure in it?
Today i inflated it to 150 psi then quickly put the metal cap onto it which hopefully will keep some pressure in the shock.
Any advice would be great!

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes you can damage the shock if you ride it under inflated.

If its leaking out the schrader valve then it should be a very easy fix!

smeck

Likes Dirt
The first thing I'd be trying is pulling the valve core out and making sure its not just sticking, or just replacing it anyway. They cost bugger all, the joy of having Schrader valves in everything is you always have spare valve cores. I'm sure if you stop in at Beaurepairs they'll give you a handful of them for nothing.

smakams

Likes Bikes
i give up, I'm just gonna take it into my LBS and hope they can fix it quick enough, plus they'll have a shock pump which I don't so that should be alright.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey Mate

What shock pump are you running
I have had an issue like this, however it usally is just the shock pump fitting.
Due to pumping at 150 psi of force unless the fitting is a perfect seal then it will leak. If this isnt the issue then i would say a "o" ring near the valve of your dhx

Cheers Matt

smakams

Likes Bikes
Hey Mate

What shock pump are you running
I have had an issue like this, however it usally is just the shock pump fitting.
Due to pumping at 150 psi of force unless the fitting is a perfect seal then it will leak. If this isnt the issue then i would say a "o" ring near the valve of your dhx

Cheers Matt
hey mate i used a pump from the shop that i borrowed, must of been a tioga or something.. i bought some new valves that i will put in tomorrow so hopefully that will work out otherwise i have no idea since the air is actually coming out through the valve?? when you say the o ring, is this on the actuall shock or the schrader valve? any branded pumps you suggest?
thanks mate