Fox Suspension sues Slik Graphics

moorey

call me Mia
TBH, I’m not surprised. They are profiting off unlicensed use of the branding. Are Fox dicks for pinning them? Maybe. Should Slik have built a business model around this? Probably not.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wow, I am surprised that did what they did for so long. Their website is a very clear infringement lol.

On the flipside, fox needs to understand that these sorts of outfits exist because of gaps in the market.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
This one is probably a clear cut case of copyright infringement. Yes, it seems petty given the size of the company being sued, but where/who draws that line?

This stuff if constantly happening between these big bike brands.

http://www.bicyclingtrade.com.au/ne...ending-millions-suing-each-other-over-patents

RS can't have bleed valves on their fork, so still recommend the 'zip tie' apparently, cause fox have the patent.

SRAM can't have adjustable RD clutches cause Shimano own the patent and sued them.

teK--

Eats Squid
It's no different to going to somewhere like Magneto, or any other graphics designer and asking for a custom project though. Slik just made it efficient, cost effective and from the comfort of your couch.

From their post it appears they even offered some sort of settlement (A licensing fee perhaps?) which was declined.

moorey

call me Mia
It's no different to going to somewhere like Magneto, or any other graphics designer and asking for a custom project though. Slik just made it efficient, cost effective and from the comfort of your couch.

From their post it appears they even offered some sort of settlement (A licensing fee perhaps?) which was declined.
You really can’t do it after the fact though....or get knocked back and continue doing it without this happening.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
As I've been saying in the other thread, this is a pretty clear cut case of trademark (not copyright) infringement. You can't just go putting other people's logos on your stuff and selling it without their permission. If they don't crack down on this, they're leaving it wide open for anyone to do it.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
As I've been saying in the other thread, this is a pretty clear cut case of trademark (not copyright) infringement. You can't just go putting other people's logos on your stuff and selling it without their permission. If they don't crack down on this, they're leaving it wide open for anyone to do it.
Would be great if fox entered into some form of partnership with Slik though to offer customisation and maintain control of their trademark

moorey

call me Mia
Interesting way they bag Fox on social media and their website, asking us to petition Fox fir them. Hardly seems like the most tactful method.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Fox can jam it up their clackers as far as I'm concerned. In the time I've been riding, the only "genuine" sticker kit I've seen from Fox is the "heritage" decal kit, which were not to my tastes and almost never in stock anywhere, and that was years back now.

IMO there's very few bike colours/colour combos that actually look good with the "Factory" grey and orange decals, so either offer the custom decal service yourself or F-off. To my mind it would be different if they were selling knock-off clothing or what not as that would be an attempt to steal sales from Fox, but when it's something to customise (and show a little pride in) the product, offering a service/product that Fox doesn't and Fox isn't even willing to negotiate on a license fee for it it's pretty poor on Fox's part.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interestingly, this is on the Rockshox Fork Decals from Slik.

"High-quality and perfectly matched Fork decals and stickers for RockShox Boxxer, Lyrik, Pike, SID and more Forks. Officially licensed products "

moorey

call me Mia
Interestingly, this is on the Rockshox Fork Decals from Slik.

"High-quality and perfectly matched Fork decals and stickers for RockShox Boxxer, Lyrik, Pike, SID and more Forks. Officially licensed products "
Sounds like they tried with Fox, got knocked back, and said ‘fuck it’. I’m having trouble sympathizing.