Fox vanilla 36 or marzocchi 66?

LoveB

Likes Dirt
It mght have been asked before but this weather is making my net so slow so I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm looking at getting a fork over the weekend. Bought a frame from beno and now im stumped as to what fork to use. its for the xtension xplore. I'm only looking at doing AM/XC with it if that helps.

I've got a 100mm rst gila pro tnl on it now and i think id rather upgrade the fork before i go out riding on it.

For those who've used both or either, which fork do you suggest? I think the marzocchi might have too much travel for what I'd want it for. Obviously google mostly shows the good sides of both. So I'd like to get feedback from those who have tried/used it. So yes, what fork is better? Just after something that isnt so hard to maintain. Something bang for the buck and something that wont fail to put a smile on my face!

thanks!

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
If you want something that you won't have to service real often get the marzocchi, I know fox mostly have their shit sorted out now but for piece of mind you can't go past marzocchi reliability. If you think the 66 has too much travel, have a look at the 55, thats their all mountain fork.

LoveB

Likes Dirt
If you want something that you won't have to service real often get the marzocchi, I know fox mostly have their shit sorted out now but for piece of mind you can't go past marzocchi reliability. If you think the 66 has too much travel, have a look at the 55, thats their all mountain fork.
Thanks! I did read that the marz 66 are adjustable from 170 to 150mm. Just not sure about how easy it is to adjust.

I think I read online about the seals on a marz 66 being something to look out for?

needaride

Likes Dirt
Ive owned both, air sprung 66s with adjustable travel and now 2010 VanR 36s... gotta say I think the Fox fork feels alot nicer. The 66 did not have a consistent feel and couldnt seem to find a good point between fast/slow rebound, it was either one or the other. Eventually they blew out completely.

That being said, I think the 66s were a 2007 model, the new Marz stuff seems to be getting rave reviews.