[FR]Nicolai Lambda

x3ro

Likes Bikes
Heya guys. I kinda fixed my ride up for the summer. Changed some small spuff and replaced bearings and such. And here is the result:

Heres the speclist(Kinda budget and tanklike, but works for me as poor student urban freerider :p):

Frame - Nicolai Lambda Ano black
Rear shock - Fox Vanilla RC
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Drop-off Triple
Handlebars - Scott Octane
Stem - Worldforce
Headset - FSA
Grips - Odi Lock-on's
Saddle - Da Bomb
Front brake - Hayes Nine HD 203mm
Rear brake - Hayes Nine HD 180mm(soon to be 200)
Cranks - FSA X-Drive
Chainguide - Truvativ Boxguide Team
Chain - Shimano
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano 9 speed
Front hub - Formula 20mm
Rear hub - Shimano XT QR
Front rim - Sun Doubletrack
Rear rim - Sun Doubletrack
Spokes - 2mm's
Tyres - 2.5's
Tubes - Specialized DH
Total weight - About 50-52ish Lbs

And this is how it used to look with the old fork and front disc etc:

x3ro

Likes Bikes
Interesting bike, looks custom / home made.
Well its not:p Its actually one of the stock Nicolai frames. You can get em "custimized" tho. For example you can choose custom geo, Headtube size, Colorscheme, shock and what not.

The only problem of these are the price. Luckely I got mine of a mate for a seriously good price. But normally a Black ano Lambda frame with a Fox DHX RC4 shock will set you back about 3500+ Aus. Dollar:rolleyes: So for me it was either the one my mate sold, or choosing a different brand:p

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm, frame looks confused just a bit. at least its a bit different and a nicoli. thats its saving grace. :p
looks ripe for a sick paintjob I think

taquar

Likes Dirt
My brain just exploded at the seat post angle, and the suspension design, that's wack man :p

Seriously though, love the look of it :cool:

x3ro

Likes Bikes
hmm, frame looks confused just a bit. at least its a bit different and a nicoli. thats its saving grace. :p
looks ripe for a sick paintjob I think
Im actually looking into getting the frame "re-done" at Nicolai.

That would set me back bout 500Euros(750Aus) but that would get me a new rear triangle, frame rawed and re-painted to whatever colour.

And the dreampaint from my Lambda would be this:p:

My brain just exploded at the seat post angle, and the suspension design, that's wack man :p

Seriously though, love the look of it :cool:
Cheers, Im also in love with the design:) I fixed my seat tho:p

Have you got your balls jammed in the linkage yet?
Nope, it actually doesnt look that scary when riding the bike:p

Also I got a exact weight on the bike now:rolleyes:

23.5KG's or 51.7LB's

Barnsy

Likes Dirt
Looks like the seat angle is adjustable? I've always been a fan of the Nicolais, very original frames.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats indeed adjustable, just as the travel. Thats changeable from 210 to 170mm in steps of 10mm:)
thats pretty amazing at first looks the bike doesnt look all to good but shit its sexy when you really take it all in

x3ro

Likes Bikes
thats pretty amazing at first looks the bike doesnt look all to good but shit its sexy when you really take it all in
Cheers:cool:

Btw, you guys reckon it would be a good deal, those 750Aus for a new rear triangle en new full ano paintjob and new bushings and bearings and what not?

x3ro

Likes Bikes
Upcomming sunday will be my first ride;):cool:

I only had the chance to try her out with the new forks on some local urban stuff.

Anyhow, Im still in a dilemma choosing between getting my Lambda all fixed and repainted with new rear etc, or go for one of those Katipo frames like this one:

The thing is, I love my lambda and never talked to anyone owning a Katipo, let alone ride one:(

x3ro

Likes Bikes
you have a unique taste in frames

i like it
Cheers mate, I dont like them 13 in a dozen frames:p

Had good fun on the first ride last weekend, but a few days ago, the usual "x3ro bad luck" struck again. Whilst comming home from town with a mate at night I kinda got hit by a car at a roundabout. Apperantly he or she didnt see me, hit my on my shite city bike, and drove off. Besides being extremely pissed off about the driving of part, some stuff and myself are a bit damaged:mad: Got a crack in my big toe on the left, twitched and bruised both my knee's and bruised some ribs on the right side. Also scraped my 2 handpalms and the closing mechanism on my breitling.:(

Still wanna try some biking tho somewhere this week:mad: