Frame help?

Deincendie

Likes Bikes
I'm looking for a replacement for my 08 STP0 frame. I'm looking for something a little shorter at the rear but about the same up front. I have a "Large 14.5inch". And I don't care if it's alloy or cromo. As long as it isn't much heavier.Does anyone know what's out there? I'm not real sure when it come to frames.

P.S. I'm NOT looking for anything second hand. Band new only.

Thanks.

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Plenty out there, But. . . What price range are you looking at? and what is the primary type of riding you will be doing?

Deincendie

Likes Bikes
Sorry for not adding. I ride mostly street, a little bit of park, and very rarely touch the dirt. I'm more into jumping staircases and gaps, etc. But with some decent parks close by I visit them occasionally and there is a dirt skate park near by but its just like concrete anyway.

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Sorry for not adding. I ride mostly street, a little bit of park, and very rarely touch the dirt. I'm more into jumping staircases and gaps, etc. But with some decent parks close by I visit them occasionally and there is a dirt skate park near by but its just like concrete anyway.

If you are riding mostly street and park, then its hard to look past the NS Suburban.
If you want something a little cheaper, also check out the new NS Traffic.
And if you want to go all out check the Last Cord! Last Raffnix is another good option for street and a little more DJ.

All those frames have nice short rear ends and tight geo. You will notice quite a bit of difference to the old STP geo.

2009 Suburban - $699 (2008 on sale at $569)

2009 NS Traffic - $559

2009 Last Cord - $879

2008 Last Raffnix - on sale $799

www.ribbed.com.au/store for heaps more options

Ben.

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
Blk Mrkt Riot, Identi P60, any of the ns or last bikes posted above and check out the Revel line of bikes too.

How tall are you? If you're over 6ft, check out a Leaf Cycles OS from ride- central.co.uk - the exchange rate is good right now, you can get it for $500AUD

juliancantride

Likes Dirt
I have an 08 Suburban and they ride extremely well, Perfect geo and fairly light with the right parts. As Bens aid, they're hard to overlook.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
ns for sure.

wouldnt have any other bike.

get a sub 08 for a bit cheaper.

this bike will take anything you can throw at it and is just a prime as bike. check out martin soderstrom on youtube, he rides one, crazy so good for technical type street stuff, massive dj, park and he even jumps of a container in one.
bombproof frame! super light, super flicky and super strong.

cant over look them

Damienp

Likes Dirt
To throw another spanner in the works... (sorry for the Hijack, but better than a new thread)

I am looking to buy a new frame to build up this year as well.
Have been looking at the Transition Trail or Park, NS Sub and SC 09 Jackal.

The Sub and the Jackal seem to be more versatile in their usability, ie. Can have deraileur (sp) where as the Transition cannot without a lot of farting around even then its a big if.

I would use this bike for pretty much everything with a view to getting into 4X so agile, light and strong are pretty much my main preferences along with the ability to run gears if possible. If i found the right SS ratio i would give that a crack too.

Budget would be around the 1k mark i guess for a frame.

The above is my short list, however i am open to suggestion. The Jackal is what i am leaning towards atm, however i am a big fan of the Transition also. Subs are great but are getting as popular as STP's.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Last edited:

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a squiz at Nicho's sponsor specials thread. NPJ Rude Dude frames for 350 bucks posted. I just got one and it's mint.