Frame

G

Hey experienced and oh knowledgable ones...
I am look at purchasing a new hardtail frame for around 800
itll be used for skateparks, dj, dh, and drops
I ws thinking Da Bomb XLR8 would this do what i wanted to?
gimme some sugestions

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ctr Boy bike Co, also look at the 2003 hardtail NS range, THey are awesome hardtails to ride from experience. They are a bit big, and they will fight you initially but once you tame them, you can realy do some damage with them! Best DH hardtail readily available imho.

G

HT

They dont make the CTR anymore and by the NS do u mean the norco north shore series?

Ty

Eats Squid
find another 800 and you can have a complete sick skate dirt park /dirt jumping bike, see the for sale in my sig, it's like a BMX with big wheels and sweet brakes.

sorry for the spam

G

No offence to any revell riders.....

No offence to any revell riders but they are ugly i dont think i could ride an ugly bike. Thats for your input tho

G

o0o0 wait the dirt frame

I just seen the dirt frame looks pretty cool

G

So a DMR then??

would they be suited for dh??
and which one??
The Trailstar Rythm or Sidekick?

Adi

It's my birthday!
I like the XLR8, Dan rides his hard... so i think you won't have any problems....

You get what you pay for, plus you wont have the same bike as other people :p

Awesome ride...

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The optimum frame geometry is different between all teh diciplines so you can only try and get the bike that will be good (ie, not the best) at all of the things you want to use it for. The DMR Trailster has shorter chain stays so will be good at jumping, urban, street and should be good if you ever get out to try any ns stuff. Oppy has hucked his off 13foot so they do hold up well. For Dh, they ain't going to be the best but you are using a hardtail for dh so you aint' exactly having DH has your primary disipline so it should work very well :)

And the model I am talking about is the trailstar if you hadnt' already picked up :)

G

da bomb

The da bomb i can get for around about 600..
so i think ill go with that because its a pretty sweet hardtail and can be used for almost anything

S.

ex offender
I'd get a DMR Trailstar... I have one and I love it, it's a perfect all-round frame.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Are u looking at steel or alum or both? i would say the dmr is definatly a sweet frame as i just rode one the other week and it just felt right, da bomb also make a steel hardtail called the CR8 whcih is suppsoedly really good although ive never ridden one, its more of a DJ bike i think. if ur going HT its my opinion that u get a steel frame. alum cracks and tends to get stressed more

G

Dan Holmes

Dan rides an XLR8 and he gives it hell shit so i know that the xrl8 is strong.
it also looks pretty sweet
i dont like the look of the DMR's for some reason

S.

ex offender
Re: Dan Holmes

Fuzzy said:
Dan rides an XLR8 and he gives it hell shit so i know that the xrl8 is strong.
it also looks pretty sweet
i dont like the look of the DMR's for some reason
I know a guy (who's 14 or 15) who cracked an XLR8 in a couple of months, *only* dirtjumping it.