FrankenCargo Bike

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Sounds good! Absolutely understand not wanting the complexity of a Bullitt style frame build. The Bullitts are definitely the most “bike-like” in their handling though In my experience.

The trikes like that B&B one you linked are comfortable but don’t handle anything like a normal bike - a housemate in London had one for his tools and stuff (did shop fitting for a bunch of trendy cafes/shops) and it was indeed good with all the weight on the wide front axle but it drove like a boat. In contrast another friend’s courier Bullitt felt like a rocket ship.

Could be cool to have a modular thing where you have a platform for 90% of jobs and a “packhorse” solution (hanging lower on either side of the central beam) for the occasion you need to carry heavier stuff.
Scooting along on this one today, it felt suprisingly like a normal bike, however it will be interesting to see how different loads affect the handling and balance of the bike. I think a lot is going to come down to the way things are packed too.

That's cool. I have seen one of the B&B trikes and the tipping/leaning into corners thing works pretty well, but it's no two wheeled machine.

That's kind of what I'm thinking in order to get the weight down lower! however two things I have to contend with are the load swinging under the bike and any interference with the steering rod. I think it's possible, but just needs some fine tuning!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Getting closer now. Most of the welding is finished, apart from finishing the brake mounts. Attached the battery and connected up cables to start to work out cable management. The pedal assist magnet will have to be modified to work with a hollowtech crank, or a different crank and BB used, and the BB may have shrunk a little with the welding, so I might have to shim the crank to avoid excessive side to side play. There's a fair bit of weight in her now!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
@Elbo Here's some some inspiration for your next build
Full susser and electric!
View attachment 367036
These are very cool, saw some tooling around last time i was in germany. not cheap though!