ACT Free Norco Fluid LT 2008

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'll likely soon have an old set of marzocchi straight steerer forks with 150mm Travel and 20mm axle you can have @ausdb if you need something?

They're not pretty, but they're without a doubt, definitely a set of forks

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
@Scotty T Thanks so much, the lad is a solid unit at 9 but if he's anything like his old man he probably won't need a large when he grows up.

@Plankosaurus thanks for the offer on the forks

Currently the hare brained idea going round in my head is to make a small front end out of steel and bring it into the modern era with a tapered headtube and dropper friendly sized seat tube. Once it gets here the first thing will be to measure it up and start working on a CAD model then start asking a crap ton of questions.
I just listened to the latest pinkbike podcast on the grim donut and there was a point where they started talking crap about branching the idea into a DH bike and kids bike
This may become the Grim TimTam who knows :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
@Scotty T Thanks so much, the lad is a solid unit at 9 but if he's anything like his old man he probably won't need a large when he grows up.

@Plankosaurus thanks for the offer on the forks

Currently the hare brained idea going round in my head is to make a small front end out of steel and bring it into the modern era with a tapered headtube and dropper friendly sized seat tube. Once it gets here the first thing will be to measure it up and start working on a CAD model then start asking a crap ton of questions.
I just listened to the latest pinkbike podcast on the grim donut and there was a point where they started talking crap about branching the idea into a DH bike and kids bike
This may become the Grim TimTam who knows :)
I dug out that Intense front triangle (M) that I owe you last night when doing the same for @Boom King . It’s officially in a box now so maybe you could make some wicked hybrid front/rear up? The M intense front may actually be longer than the 2008 L though !

ausdb

Being who he is
Ha I was totally thinking it could be a mini donut when I was having a shower last night :)
The kids version was the Grim Timbit, which I had to google which is turns out to be a donut hole, i think grim timtam is more Aussie

ausdb

Being who he is
Ok so things have changed slightly, before this came up I'd seen a broken Ellsworth Truth being given away on book face in covid town. It had been promised to someone else but the giver said they'd let me know if it fell through. I got a message last Friday it was up for grabs, so my brother who was nearby picked it up for me.

So instead of me being a greedy bugger @safreek is taking the Norco and I have another basket case to play with. Doing some reading suggests Ellsworths are a bit like CracknFails, my brother said the previous owner said they were running a larger disc than was recommended. As I can't weld aluminium I have an evil plan, involving carbon and epoxy. and aluminium.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ok so things have changed slightly, before this came up I'd seen a broken Ellsworth Truth being given away on book face in covid town. It had been promised to someone else but the giver said they'd let me know if it fell through. I got a message last Friday it was up for grabs, so my brother who was nearby picked it up for me.
View attachment 367870
So instead of me being a greedy bugger @safreek is taking the Norco and I have another basket case to play with. Doing some reading suggests Ellsworths are a bit like CracknFails, my brother said the previous owner said they were running a larger disc than was recommended. As I can't wind aluminium, I have an evil plan, involving carbon and epoxy. and aluminium.
Lol, that was me that had dibs

I was meant to be working in the city later that week but it got put off (and I still haven't been back there). She was a deadset champ though, even after O told her to pass it along to the next person she gave it another week before passing it along.

Glad it's gone somewhere that it'll get used, I was just going to pray to the MTB gods that something pop up before I gave up and passed it on

link1896

Mr Greenfield

I was meant to be working in the city later that week but it got put off (and I still haven't been back there). She was a deadset champ though, even after O told her to pass it along to the next person she gave it another week before passing it along.

Glad it's gone somewhere that it'll get used, I was just going to pray to the MTB gods that something pop up before I gave up and passed it on

ausdb

Being who he is

Oh shit I'm so sorry @Plankosaurus. I thought it had gone as she wasn't replying to my messages which is why I jumped on the Norco. Lil bro chatted with her for a while and she was from Brisvegas, it had survived the floods and she'd brought it down to covid town and was about to put it out on the verge.
You're a plumber aren't you? Do you still do any brazing these days or is it all crimp fittings? If your up for it do you want the Norco when Safreek has finished with it? Fillet brazed steel would be doable

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Oh shit I'm so sorry @Plankosaurus. I thought it had gone as she wasn't replying to my messages which is why I jumped on the Norco. Lil bro chatted with her for a while and she was from Brisvegas, it had survived the floods and she'd brought it down to covid town and was about to put it out on the verge.
You're a plumber aren't you? Do you still do any brazing these days or is it all crimp fittings? If your up for it do you want the Norco when Safreek has finished with it? Fillet brazed steel would be doable
Nah, all good mate, I told her twice to pass it along. Also I had no immediate plans for it whatsoever so it's better with you

Yeah, plumber. and yeah, still braze sometimes but it's not often. Maybe I can get a b-press crimp fitting to work on it?

safreek

Nah, all good mate, I told her twice to pass it along. Also I had no immediate plans for it whatsoever so it's better with you

Yeah, plumber. and yeah, still braze sometimes but it's not often. Maybe I can get a b-press crimp fitting to work on it?

Plumber eh, explains all the smart(arse) cracks;)